PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox crashes when alarm is on

Mike Schenk
2008-01-02, 03:43
I have two Squeezeboxes, one in my living room and one in the bed room. The one in the bed room I use as an alarm clock. Since I upgraded to slimserver 6.5.4 a few months ago, the bedroom Squeezebox crashes often, and it seems to be getting more often as well. At first I thought it was a wifi problem, but coverage is excellent and nothing happens to the wifi during a crash.

Then I thought maybe the playlist was too long because I kept it on random album play all the time and let the alarm use "the current playlist". But changing didn't solve the problem either.

The Squeezebox in the living room never gives me any problem and the only thing left I could think off is that I don't use that one as an alarm clock. So I switched of all the alarms on the bedroom SB and no crashes occurred for a few days. Switched an alarm back on and yes, the crashing happened again.

Anyone ever has anything similar? I am considering getting back to an earlier version.

The only additional plugins I have installed are Lazysearch2 and Slimscrobbler and they should both be ok for this version of Slimserver.