View Full Version : Issues with parsing iTunes xml file & scanning

2008-01-01, 16:57

I am running the latest 6.5 version of the Slimserver software. I am running Mac OS X 10.5.1.

I run the following plugins in my system.
- SuperDateTime
- MyPicks
- iTunesupdate

Lately I am having significant issues with parsing the iTunes xml file and hence all my playlists in iTunes. I have done numerous clean rescans, and CLI wipe out db's and rescans, but in some static playslists which contains for instance 25 songs, it just scans 12 songs.

I am at a total loss trying to figure what is going on? I tried using the latest 7.0 software and it was such a pain in the ass and even more buggy than this current version. Does anybody have any idea what I can do to debug this problem anymore?


2008-01-04, 02:06
I got a similar problem running 10.5.1. on an iMac. I assume it has to to with the fact that 10.5.1. messes up with the permissions set for folders and drives. When I downgrade to Tiger these problems are gone. In about 3 weeks time Apple will release 10.5.2. I hope that then these permissions bugs are over.
You could try to run diskutility and do a verify/repair permissions on your HD.

2008-01-04, 14:31

I think I found a fix for the problem.

I followed the instructions found on the Apple support site below to rebuild my library.


Once I did that, and further rescanned my iTunes library in Slimserver from scratch and everything seemed to work properly. Make sure you clean it out and rebuild the library.

Try it out.,