PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Rhapsody work reliably?

meowmix
2007-12-30, 18:21
SB model: v3 (just bought it)
time: now

1. Navigate to Music On Demand --> Rhapsody --> My Library --> Artists --> The Chemical Brothers --> Dig Your Own Hole

2. press Play (music comes on, and I listen to a few tracks)

3. While music is still playing:
Navigate back to My Library --> Artists --> Digitalism --> Idealism --> Pogo (press play)

At this point I get the first track of "Dig Your Own Hole", not track 7 ("Pogo") of Idealism which is what I selected, while the display claims it IS playing "Pogo" by Digitalism. WTF?

I repeated this testcase and this time nothing played, while the display again claimed to be playing the song I selected. I hit play over and over, and voila still nothing.

I dont have this type of issue with any of the other content providers, just Rhapsody.

Please help.

--MM

jeffmc
2007-12-30, 19:52
Have you tried the Squeezenetwork beta? Seems to work a lot better for me.

meowmix
2007-12-30, 20:53
Have you tried the Squeezenetwork beta? Seems to work a lot better for me.

Thanks, I'll give it try.

Did this "Squeezenetwork beta" just come out? They shipped my SB little more than 1 week ago; I assumed it would include fully QA'd firmware. SlimDevices does do QA, yes?

--M

EnochLight
2008-01-02, 19:48
SlimDevices does do QA, yes?

--M

Heheh... their QA is generally pretty good but... you have to understand that SqueezeCenter beta is just that - a BETA. The software is constantly changing and in flux. Until it comes out officially, you are beta testing it like the rest of us.

That said, it's very usable even in its beta state. I've been running it solid for a couple of months now without much to complain about.

The firmware that came with your current Squeezebox is pulled from whatever version of SlimServer (or SqueezeCenter, as its now called) you currently use. If you downloaded and ran the official 6.5.4 release from August 2007, that's the latest official that is supported by tech support. Anything after is technically beta.

Enjoy!

vdonovan
2008-01-03, 01:57
I have a lot of trouble with Rhapsody as well. Delays, drop outs, etc. It's not my network because other services work fine.

thing-fish
2008-01-03, 14:24
I have a lot of trouble with Rhapsody as well. Delays, drop outs, etc. It's not my network because other services work fine.

I had that happen on a couple of weekends in November/December (plus search issues) but Andy did some stuff and the last two weekends it has worked like a charm. Not sure what actually changed, but...

Really looking forward to Squeezecenter (haven't tried the beta) as I understand that Rhapsody won't require Squeezenetwork anymore and will thus be more integrated with my own library? Can't wait!