PDA

View Full Version : A Photo of your Transporter setup, Please!

GuyDebord
2007-12-29, 19:51
Here is mine, I know I need to get those cables in order...

anselld
2007-12-30, 04:04
OK then ...

inguz
2007-12-30, 12:25
PC -> InguzDSP -> Wireless Transporter -> { LM3886 -> Klipschorn bass; Trends TA10.1 -> JBL2470 -> JBL2385; TA10.1 -> Crites BC125 }.

riffer
2007-12-30, 14:00
Here's mine, reminds me I have to get a new camera:

Deaf Cat
2007-12-30, 15:56
anselld, do you have metal dishes and ball bearings supporting a platform of some kind which your kit sits on? interested to know whats what :)

riffer, interested to know what those little blocks are made of under all your feet ?

Cheers :)

riffer
2007-12-30, 16:21
riffer, interested to know what those little blocks are made of under all your feet ?

That's why I need a new camera:)

They are tumbled marble or travertine tiles with closed cell foam underneath (a.k.a. Art Foam). I originally put one under the turntable motor to preserve the finish of the wood shelves from the rubber feet of the turntable motor. I liked the look, so I now have them under everything.

anselld
2007-12-31, 05:12
anselld, do you have metal dishes and ball bearings supporting a platform of some kind which your kit sits on? interested to know whats what :)

Its Naim Fraim.
http://www.naim-audio.com/products/fraim.html

FatElvis2000
2007-12-31, 15:31
Its Naim Fraim.

That's the deal... Transporter with all Naim kit!

Assuming you had a Naim CDP in there before the Transporter? Do you miss it? I'm thinking of replacing my Rega Jupiter with a Transporter (the rest of my gear is Rega... Cursa / Exon / Naos)

GuyDebord
2007-12-31, 19:06

Assuming you had a Naim CDP in there before the Transporter? Do you miss it? I'm thinking of replacing my Rega Jupiter with a Transporter (the rest of my gear is Rega... Cursa / Exon / Naos)

I replaced a Rega Saturn, and I only miss it when I buy a new cd, because I have to wait for cd paranoia to rip it before I can listen to it... but apart form that, regarding sound, I am happier with the Transporter, and you cannot really beat the convenience of its interface, so I would recommend you to go for it, but I am sure it will force you to also upgrade your setup, the Transporter's limit will be your other equipment....

amcluesent
2008-01-01, 08:46
TP (with MusicInfoScr)->Arcam Solo->B&W CM2

anselld
2008-01-01, 12:29

I had CDS3/555PS previously and no, I dont miss it, especially the convenience of not handling CDs. Sound is great too and even better through the Naim DAC in the SuperNait :-)

Deaf Cat
2008-01-01, 15:46
They are tumbled marble or travertine tiles with closed cell foam underneath (a.k.a. Art Foam).

Cheers,
So not really for sonic reasons ;)

Its Naim Fraim.

Off to have a read,
Cheers,

:)

FatElvis2000
2008-01-03, 12:36
I had CDS3/555PS previously and no, I dont miss it, especially the convenience of not handling CDs. Sound is great too and even better through the Naim DAC in the SuperNait :-)

Those are Naim Allaes? I was thinking of buying those to go with my Rega Exons... not sure if Naim is a good fit with Rega electronics...

anselld
2008-01-04, 01:24
Those are Naim Allaes? I was thinking of buying those to go with my Rega Exons... not sure if Naim is a good fit with Rega electronics...

Naim SL2s. Don't know about Rega Im afraid so cant really comment.

riffer
2008-01-04, 07:38
Cheers,
So not really for sonic reasons ;)

Well, I was thinking of maufacturing them and selling for, say, $400 for three :)

Deaf Cat
2008-01-04, 13:43
Well, I was thinking of maufacturing them and selling for, say, $400 for three :)

So you have $2k's worth, and say $700 ea for the extra large ones for the little bits of kit ;)
$4.1k Wow start knocking them out!! :D

riffer
2008-01-06, 08:15
Maybe everyone had to sell their digital cameras to pay for their Transporter :(

coupon
2008-01-12, 08:53
This is still a "work in progress"!

JeroenRS
2008-01-12, 14:11
Greetings from Amsterdam!

welom
2008-01-13, 08:28
This is still a "work in progress"!

Hi Coupon!

Is the Transporter directly connected to the Logos 1&2 ?

coupon
2008-01-13, 18:43
Hi Coupon!

Is the Transporter directly connected to the Logos 1&2 ?

Yes. I have tried connecting to the speakers directly. However, I still looking for a matching pre amp to go with my system.

welom
2008-01-14, 04:39
What about Goldmund's SR8? Has pretty good analog inputs (in case you need them) and you could bypass the passive crossover inside Logos 1 by using the SR8 built-in filter options (which makes the Logos sound even more impressive)..

coupon
2008-01-14, 08:19
What about Goldmund's SR8? Has pretty good analog inputs (in case you need them) and you could bypass the passive crossover inside Logos 1 by using the SR8 built-in filter options (which makes the Logos sound even more impressive)..

Yes. I am still thinking if I should go all digital or keeping an analog pre amp. I am thinking of using the transporter's digital output on the speakers built-in DAC and work it as a full digital system as trial first.

welom
2008-01-14, 09:05
Yes. I am still thinking if I should go all digital or keeping an analog pre amp. I am thinking of using the transporter's digital output on the speakers built-in DAC and work it as a full digital system as trial first.

Give the active-crossover software a try, the analog pre-amp won't be an option any more :-)

pnielsen
2008-01-19, 16:52
Here's my all digital TacT/Boz setup. The signal is run from the transporter with AES/EBU to the TCS prepro, which in turn runs AES/EBU to the Boz digital amplifiers. Digital all the way from the hard drives to the speaker terminals...

Transporter
Vigatec GVC 1280 (video scaler)
Sony DVP-S7700
Lyngdorf CD-1 http://www.lyngdorf.com/index.php?Itemid=112
TacT TCS Mk II http://www.tactlab.com/Products/TCS/index.html
Boz 216/2200 http://www.bozaudio.com

The Boz 2200 amps have builtin crossovers (all processing done in the 96/24 digital domain) and each 2-channel amplifier module is used to actively bi-amp each speaker. I use Magnepan 20.1 for the fronts and Magnepan 3.6 for the other channels.

TacT's digital solution is remarkable in the way they handle volume control. Digitally controlling the volume has the disadvantage that signal resolution is gradually lost as the volume is lowered from maximum. TacT has solved the problem by always running the digital signal with full resolution (full volume) to the power amplifiers. Volume control is done by controlling the voltage to the digital PWM Equibit output stage. Consequently, full digital resolution is preserved and an added benefit is that the noise floor will effectively be lowered as the volume setting is lowered.

Peter

dem
2008-02-11, 18:19
I think this (http://blog.audiovideointeriors.com/208great) might be the most impressive Transporter installation.

:-)

bigfool1956
2008-02-12, 11:56
Flipping heck - 16 subs!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's one hell of a system. No mention of the TP in the text though.

Bizarroterl
2008-02-12, 13:52
That install, according to Bose, is almost as good as their Lifestyle system. ;)

ralphpnj
2008-02-13, 03:18
ok...here's my main Squeeze.
Shout out to ralphpnj.

Thanks for the photos. Seeing those plain black Vandies really makes me miss my own Vandies. A quick question: is that a subwoofer that you have sitting on the bottom of your rack? And if so, wouldn't it sound better and make for less vibrational interference with your components if the subwoofer was located somewhere else?

Here's a photo of my stereo setup here in The Hague, Netherlands:

Equipment list:

Speakers: Energy Veritas 2.2s on dedicated Energy stands (with spikes) (all brought from US)

Speaker cable: I don't remember the brand but I got them dirt cheap on Ebay. They look like gray garden hose. (brought from US)

Television: Samsung 26" LCD (provided with the apartment)

Stand: a nice tempered glass model (also provided with the apartment)

Digital television receiver (provided with the apartment) - the small silver box just below the television.

DVD/CD player: Oppo DV-981HD - a great little unit which plays just about any 3-1/2" disc one puts in it. Highly recommended. (brought from US)

Transporter (brought from US)

Integrated amp: Cambridge Audio Azur 540A (I picked this unit up here in the Netherlands since I needed a power amp which works on 220 volts and I must say that this little integrated sound pretty good.)

Oh, and that small black thing sitting on top of the right hand speaker (as you're looking at the picture) is the "antenna" for the digital television receiver.

yooper
2008-03-25, 09:20
Running a pair of Odyssey Mono Extreme SE amps, an Odyssey Candela tubed pre and a pair of Salk HT3's which were done in crotch mahogany.

x-transporter
2008-03-30, 09:36
my transporter installation

hi

here is some pics of my installation...

Transporter + CEC AMP 3300
http://mapage.noos.fr/cyberikono01/img/transporter/IMG_7699.JPG

http://mapage.noos.fr/cyberikono01/img/transporter/IMG_7700.JPG

http://mapage.noos.fr/cyberikono01/img/transporter/IMG_7704.JPG

Zalmann TNN 500
http://mapage.noos.fr/cyberikono01/img/transporter/IMG_7709.JPG

xand1x
2008-04-04, 21:06
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4898/dscn1176vq9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

jilk
2008-04-19, 12:25
here is my new toy :-)

bigfool1956
2008-05-05, 16:48
Finally got round to taking some pics, which show I need to dust and tidy up :))

First up is the Michell Orbe TT, with Ringmat system. Phono amp is the Groove, from Tom Evans Audio Design, Valhalla lurking in the background there.

TP is sitting feet like little trmpolines, with Ringmat domes, cheap and very effective isolation. Power is a Shunyata Powersnake coming from a Hydra. (continued in next post)

bigfool1956
2008-05-05, 16:55
In the rack I have a Tom Evans Vibe pre-amp. Next shelf down are the pulse power supplies for the Groove and the Vibe. Under them is the TT power supply, and on the bottom the Shunyata Hydra (original model).

Next up is the Boulder 1060 power amp, which was a new arrival on Thursday, and is simply superb. I have been a very happy puppy playing music through that monster all weekend, but boy does it get hot. Not planet friendly.

Finally, one of the Revel Salons (MK1 versions). Sadly I have to get new midrange drivers, as the existing ones have gone a bit scrapey. Probably a result of the Alectos I was using before struggling to cope :( Anyway, they still sound very good, as the cone excursion on those units is minimal.

czhang
2008-05-22, 19:17
Here's a much better pic.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/881/dsc0008cl9.jpg

morris_minor
2008-05-23, 09:36
Has your TP been working up a sweat? :o

czhang
2008-05-23, 16:42
Just a silk scarf that helps keep some dust off, that's all.

daniels5
2008-05-24, 19:13
PC -> InguzDSP -> Wireless Transporter -> { LM3886 -> Klipschorn bass; Trends TA10.1 -> JBL2470 -> JBL2385; TA10.1 -> Crites BC125 }.

I recognized the setup and thought, hey that sure looks like Hugh's. Imagine the chances ... /Daniel

Ken Rahaim
2008-05-24, 22:41
Transporter connected directly to an NHT Xd 2.2 system in the room we call "The Lodge"...

Mike Anderson
2008-06-29, 21:49
Here's my all digital TacT/Boz setup. The signal is run from the transporter with AES/EBU to the TCS prepro, which in turn runs AES/EBU to the Boz digital amplifiers. Digital all the way from the hard drives to the speaker terminals...

Transporter
Vigatec GVC 1280 (video scaler)
Sony DVP-S7700
Lyngdorf CD-1 http://www.lyngdorf.com/index.php?Itemid=112
TacT TCS Mk II http://www.tactlab.com/Products/TCS/index.html
Boz 216/2200 http://www.bozaudio.com

The Boz 2200 amps have builtin crossovers (all processing done in the 96/24 digital domain) and each 2-channel amplifier module is used to actively bi-amp each speaker. I use Magnepan 20.1 for the fronts and Magnepan 3.6 for the other channels.

TacT's digital solution is remarkable in the way they handle volume control. Digitally controlling the volume has the disadvantage that signal resolution is gradually lost as the volume is lowered from maximum. TacT has solved the problem by always running the digital signal with full resolution (full volume) to the power amplifiers. Volume control is done by controlling the voltage to the digital PWM Equibit output stage. Consequently, full digital resolution is preserved and an added benefit is that the noise floor will effectively be lowered as the volume setting is lowered.

Peter

Holy Bejeesus!!

Dude, nice rig.

GuyDebord
2008-07-27, 13:05
Finally I got some time to take pictures of my system with the new Kharmas!!

Im still speechless from the sound that emanates from this speakers, simply beyond anything Ive heard, except from the kharma exquisites.

ralphpnj
2008-07-28, 02:02
Finally I got some time to take pictures of my system with the new Kharmas!!

Im still speechless from the sound that emanates from this speakers, simply beyond anything Ive heard, except from the kharma exquisites.

Nice pictures and a beautiful set up (except for the unit sitting directly on the floor!). Glad to hear that you've happily enjoying the sound.

Henk51
2008-10-13, 04:08
Piture of my Transporter.

The box above the Transporter is a SPdif/Toslink switch,
15 channels input (two sections), half a dozen outputs (SPdif/Toslink), with remote.
With an Low-Cost DAC build-in which leads to the Preamp on the lower left,
on front the yellow LCD (with time and volume-bar, just visible) and with remote,
this leads to the Wireless Headphone above it.
I've made these "boxes" by my self.
Below the Transporter you can see the Hifidelio a 'lookalike' of the Olive in the US.

The SPdif/Toslink switch is used in a way, that I can choose any input
(Transporter,Hifidelio,...) digitaly to my 5.1 Home Cinema.

Remark:
Everything is placed on a kind of 'trolly' with 5 layers or bookshelf
for the ohter audio equipments, and all behind 2 doors.
Above the 5 layers there is a 'open' console for an equ., tuner, and so.
Oh yes, I was even a carpenter for this one!

mswlogo
2008-10-17, 11:03
Here is my transporter setup.

egd
2009-01-02, 05:52
Transporter > ATC SCA2 > SCM100SL AT. Just moved in so things are still a little sparse. I know the coffee table shouldn't be there...and I have yet to make it to the supermarket for a packet of sugar :-)

Jetlag
2009-01-02, 07:01
Transporter > ATC SCA2 > SCM100SL AT. Just moved in so things are still a little sparse. I know the coffee table shouldn't be there...and I have yet to make it to the supermarket for a packet of sugar :-)

At least it shows that you have your priorities straight! ;-)

agentsmith
2009-01-09, 09:43
If I manage to upgrade my Naim speakers to Harbeth Monitor 30 next week, this will be one of the last pictures with the Arivas in it.

The Transporter is resting on Hyperion M55 Magnetic Floaters.

This was taken last week: The Transporter has been moved to the right upper shelf for more prominent placement. The Naim pre-amp is now resting on the Solid Tech "Feet-of-Silence."

agentsmith
2009-01-09, 09:48
Hmm, what happened to the picture?

trying again.....

agentsmith
2009-01-24, 01:19
Enjoying my new speakers immensely.

deutscherhififan
2009-01-24, 11:39
Here are some pics of my primary system.

Joey54
2009-01-29, 07:34
Clearaudio Performance turntable, Modwright Signature Truth Transporter with 6CG7's and GZ34, Aesthetix Calypso, Zoethecus rack with Black Diamond racing and Composite Products shelves

transporter
2009-02-19, 23:41
I finally managed it as well to take some (blurred) pictures.

Transporter's transporter setup:
Pierre Lurné Audiomeca J1, Pierre Lurné Audiomeca Mephisto CD Transport,
Spectral DMC 10, Primare A30.2, Rel Stadium II, Triangle Octant

Schindler
2009-02-25, 15:14
DNM 3B Primus, DNM PowerAmps, Martin Logan Vantage, Transporter

GuyDebord
2009-04-16, 06:19
Getting there... Im using the Lyngdorf as my main DAC, after many hours and tests it was a clear winner to me. So my transporter is virtually only transporting the digital signal via AES/EBU. My analogue equipment even after the Lyngdorf, still sounds better than the digital stream almost 100% of the time.

deutscherhififan
2009-04-18, 20:34
Nice set-up! I am dreaming of Kharmas, my wife isn't.....However, it seems like a waste of $$ to use a transporter only as a 'streamer'. The duet would do that just as well, especially now that the firmware has been updated and the duet can process HD material. Alternatively, you could free up some shelf space and funds by upgrading your transporter (http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?dgtlconv&1243618073&/Modwright-Transporter-Platinum) and selling the DAC. The modded transporter held it's own against the like of Zanden, etc. in the 6moons review. And that version didn't even have the latest platinum upgrades. The nice thing about the Modwright solution is the ability to change flavors via different tubes. Just a thought....

sebp
2009-05-18, 08:53
Terrible mess, so I just focused on the clean part.
And terrible photograph, so please forgive me.
These are NuForce Reference 8.5 v2 mono blocks, directly feeded from the Transporter.

wditters
2009-05-23, 09:08
I recently had to downgrade due to family expansion so here's my before and after pictures....

Previously:

Mucical Fidelity Nu-Vista PRE&Power + Nu-Vista 3D CD Player.
(By this time my Avalan Raqdian HC speakers were already sold)

Currently:

Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated + CD

The Transporter stands on top of a Philips MCP9360i Windows 7 Media Center.
Both stacks of equipment sit on a Musical Fidelity Stable-1 dampening platform.

bhaagensen
2009-05-23, 11:36
Nice setup, not so nice pictures, mobile cam?

I recently had to downgrade due to family expansion

Congratulations:)

The Transporter stands on top of a Philips MCP9360i Windows 7 Media Center.
Both stacks of equipment sit on a Musical Fidelity Stable-1 dampening platform.

You care enough about physical setup to get a dedicated dampening platform, and carry on to place the Transporter on top of a computer which generates almost all kinds of noise known to man. I'm puzzled?

amcluesent
2009-05-25, 09:01
Running TP directly in Rotel RB-06.

wditters
2009-05-25, 15:21
You care enough about physical setup to get a dedicated dampening platform, and carry on to place the Transporter on top of a computer which generates almost all kinds of noise known to man. I'm puzzled?

Hahaha that's a direct result of the WAF factor. I'd love to individually isolate every item and love to put them back into a Finite Elemente Pagode rack (which I did own in the past).

However, with the family expansion also comes the need for storage of toys, board games etcetera. Hence the current setup. The Transporter on top of the mediacenter actually is to please my wife's craving for aesthetics and symmetrics :-)

PS Yes, it was a PDA cam.

PPS The philips has been modded with an SSD drive and passive cooling so at least there's a lot less resonance. The PSU has been double-shielded. All the media come from server room in the basement. All LAN is wired, no wifi in the home. The Media Center is on an AC segment separated from the Audio set. All in all a lot of the possible interference has been minimized and the end result actually is quite satisfying (given the limitations)

bhaagensen
2009-05-27, 07:29
All in all a lot of the possible interference has been minimized and the end result actually is quite satisfying (given the limitations)

I'm sure it does. And in fact, I'm on you wifes side when it comes to the looks of the Finite Element rack vs. that on your pic:)

DaveBk
2009-05-30, 05:26
My Transporter...

http://www.auao14.dsl.pipex.com/Transporter_scaled.jpg

dennis55
2009-05-30, 08:19
funky photo dave,mine is black......do you scrobble your music on Last FM?>

DaveBk
2009-05-30, 09:33
I only use my local music library - never bothered to subscribe to any of the internet music services. Am I missing much?

morris_minor
2009-05-31, 01:06
I only use my local music library - never bothered to subscribe to any of the internet music services. Am I missing much?

Well, for a long time I ignored the internet radio capability, but since getting a Boom in the kitchen I use it for radio as much as my own music. Apart from the UK stations I listen to, Radio IO (which is free) has been a real eye (or should that be "ear") opener. I regularly listen to the Real Jazz stream and have bought a number of albums/downloads on the strength of tracks I'd have never heard any other way. The Boom display tells you what you're listening to, and if I miss this, my LastFM account lists it anyway.

http://www.last.fm/user/morris_minor_1

Add in the "cultural" interest stations eg Radio China International (which reminds me of days gone by tuning into shortwave to find stations from behind the Iron Curtain), and the internet radio functions of the SB really do open up a new listening world!

Give it go!

Bob

dennis55
2009-05-31, 01:38
Dave,as Morris Minor has said you are missing a whole world of listening pleasure........this function alone made my decision to purchase Transporter against Linn/Naim alternatives simple (apart from their terrible GUI!).
I use the plugin BBCiPlayer a lot to catch up or repeat programs on BBC R4 /R7,now listening to "Any Questions" ....i know -boring!but it's what i like.
Dave, go into SqueezeNetwork and have a listen to a lot of high bit-rate stations like AVRO and )))POLSKASTACJA.PL ))) networks @ 256 + kb.they do sound very good via the Transporter.

dennis

DaveBk
2009-05-31, 03:00
Interesting... I'll give it a go.

Good to see Alan Parsons (both with the Project and without) near the top of your list morris_minor - a favorite of mine as well.

And I agree about the UI on the HDX - I'm usually a great Naim fan, but the Transporter has the edge this time. Interesting to see whether it can still hold it's head up when the Naim DAC hits the streets.

morris_minor
2009-06-01, 00:52
Good to see Alan Parsons (both with the Project and without) near the top of your list morris_minor - a favorite of mine as well.

O/T, sorry . .

Yes AP and APP are particular favourites; not just good songs but great instrumentals and top notch productions. The remastered discs with the demo tracks were especially good. A Valid Path took a bit of getting used to, but it sure gives the system a good workout!

Bob

DaveBk
2009-06-01, 13:33
O/T, sorry . .

Yes AP and APP are particular favourites; not just good songs but great instrumentals and top notch productions. The remastered discs with the demo tracks were especially good. A Valid Path took a bit of getting used to, but it sure gives the system a good workout!

Bob

Equally O/T, but until someone else posts a picture...

I agree on all points - the track Elsie's Theme from the Sicilian Defense on the remastered Eve is just fantastic.

morris_minor
2009-06-02, 03:13
Equally O/T, but until someone else posts a picture...

I agree on all points - the track Elsie's Theme from the Sicilian Defense on the remastered Eve is just fantastic.

A favourite album is "Freudiana" - an APP album in practice if not name. . .

Anyone got a TP pic to stop this turning into an Alan Parsons lovefest? :o

Bob

DaveBk
2009-06-02, 12:26
Another Picture:
http://www.auao14.dsl.pipex.com/DBHIFI1.jpg
and I also like Freudiana...

kawasaki.kermit
2009-06-14, 08:42
i love the simplicity of your setup and how you hid the power cords so well. That seems to be a new obsession with electronics.

Schindler
2009-06-15, 01:47
Nice racks, what brand are they?

Christian

DaveBk
2009-06-16, 13:30
Nice racks, what brand are they?

Christian

They are Hutter racks in a Copper Beech finish.

DaveBk
2009-06-16, 13:35
i love the simplicity of your setup and how you hid the power cords so well. That seems to be a new obsession with electronics.

My wife has strong views on how things look! The wiring to the TV was buried in the plaster when the room was last decorated. The rat's nest of cables behind the racks is disguised with a sheet of coloured card bridged between the racks.

ralphpnj
2009-06-18, 15:46
My wife has strong views on how things look!....The rat's nest of cables behind the racks is disguised with a sheet of coloured card bridged between the racks.

Simple, clever and very effective. I did a similar thing with my LP record crates, which are ugly steel milk crates - I attached a nicely finished wood panel to the side and ever since everyone just thinks that the entire rack is made from wood (closer inspect reveals that it's not). So I repeat: Simple, clever and very effective.

HKviking
2009-06-23, 20:03
This is my set-up. Transporter in the Livingroom set-up. A duet for my Tube headphone set-up and a boom box in the Kitchen. I'm running the WHS server fully integrated with the v4 software.

amcluesent
2009-07-08, 13:01
TP running unbalanced into a pair of Rotel RB-06 configured for vertical bi-amping. 12dB analogue attenuation on the TP

agentsmith
2009-07-10, 04:04
Wow that poor Transporter must be stomped to death with 2 amps on its back!

Blindamood
2009-07-13, 05:22
Just got a Transporter installed in my main (living room) system. Previously had the Duet, but moved it to the bedroom system. Here are a few pics of the main system.

System includes B&Ws all around (805S, HTM4S, and SCMS), Denon AVR-3808CI receiver (as pre-pro), Rotel RMB-1085 Class D amp, and Roku Netflix player. Also recently added the new Oppo BDP-83 Universal/Blu-ray player.

Aurumer
2009-07-13, 07:02
Here is my brandnew Transporter, digital beside analog...

btscott
2009-08-29, 21:58
Equipment:
Krell 400xi
Krell SACD Standard
Logitech Transporter
Dynaudio Contour T2.5

netchord
2009-09-30, 10:39
Just added the TP to upgrade from a Duet, which will be moved to another room. Also have a Boom in the kitchen.

The system is a TP--> MF A5--> Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Gen 2, Interconnects are Wireworld Eclipse, speaker cable is Ocos. above the Transporter is an Oppo BDP83 Bluray player, the monitor is a Sony 46" LCD.

On the right side is a cable box, and a Spring '09 Mac Mini, connected via FW800 to a Drobo w/ 4 1TB drives (effectively, 2.7TB of storage). Below the mini is a PS Audio DLIII, which manages the mini's digital out, as well as the cable box (and used to take the output from the Duet Receiver as well.

still digesting the differences in sound between the Duet/SBIII and the Transporter.

netchord
2009-09-30, 10:44
have some other photos, but it won't let me upload them- perhaps too big?

Keymaster
2009-09-30, 10:53
...from the looks of the upper left shelf inside the cabinet...you need a Harmony remote too...:)

ralphpnj
2009-09-30, 11:10
Just added the TP to upgrade from a Duet, which will be moved to another room. Also have a Boom in the kitchen.

The system is a TP--> MF A5--> Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Gen 2, Interconnects are Wireworld Eclipse, speaker cable is Ocos. above the Transporter is an Oppo BDP83 Bluray player, the monitor is a Sony 46" LCD.

On the right side is a cable box, and a Spring '09 Mac Mini, connected via FW800 to a Drobo w/ 4 1TB drives (effectively, 2.7TB of storage). Below the mini is a PS Audio DLIII, which manages the mini's digital out, as well as the cable box (and used to take the output from the Duet Receiver as well.

still digesting the differences in sound between the Duet/SBIII and the Transporter.

We have several pieces of equipment in common besides the Transporter: the Oppo BDP83 Bluray player and a Drobo with 4 1TB drives.

I love the Oppo and many of it's great features like the ability to play various media files such as MKV and AVI either from a disc or a USB flash drive. Plus it makes regular DVDs look great and multi-channel analog outputs are also very good so that SACDs and high resolution Bluray soundtracks sound quite nice.

I've been using a Drobo (well actually two Drobos) for my music library for several years now and I'm very satisfied with the way they work.

Anyway your setup looks first class in all respects but I would look into getting a Harmony remote, as suggested by Keymaster.

netchord
2009-09-30, 11:29
...from the looks of the upper left shelf inside the cabinet...you need a Harmony remote too...:)

i have one actually- the shelf is just storage. ;)

netchord
2009-09-30, 11:30
We have several pieces of equipment in common besides the Transporter: the Oppo BDP83 Bluray player and a Drobo with 4 1TB drives.

I love the Oppo and many of it's great features like the ability to play various media files such as MKV and AVI either from a disc or a USB flash drive. Plus it makes regular DVDs look great and multi-channel analog outputs are also very good so that SACDs and high resolution Bluray soundtracks sound quite nice.

I've been using a Drobo (well actually two Drobos) for my music library for several years now and I'm very satisfied with the way they work.

Anyway your setup looks first class in all respects but I would look into getting a Harmony remote, as suggested by Keymaster.

what do you use for a multichannel preamp? the cabinet was designed for a center channel (where the oppo is), but i've gone back to two channels since i can't find a place to put rear speakers.

netchord
2009-09-30, 11:38
ok, trying again, with slightly smaller pics.

Jetlag
2009-09-30, 11:47
netchord

What make/model of wood stand is that?

ralphpnj
2009-09-30, 11:49
what do you use for a multichannel preamp? the cabinet was designed for a center channel (where the oppo is), but i've gone back to two channels since i can't find a place to put rear speakers.

Actually my multi-channel setup is part of my home theater system and my Transporter is part of my main two channel stereo rig. In the mutli-channel home theater setup I have a Marantz SR-8400 AV receiver which doesn't decode all the latest and greatest hi-def Bluray soundtracks and that's why I like the fact the Oppo has such nice quality analog outputs.

Here's a link to post with a picture of my home theater setup: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=450974&postcount=1019

netchord
2009-09-30, 12:04
netchord

What make/model of wood stand is that?

we had it custom made, by a store in New York, Scott Jordan Furniture. it ended up being pretty reasonable. the wood is cherry.

btw, how does one assign one of the digital inputs to a key on the remote? i understand it's possible, but can't seem to find instructions anywhere.

Aurumer
2009-09-30, 12:43
With 7.4 assigning should work by choosing the input and play and then press and hold (for a long time) the button you want to assign to.

netchord
2009-09-30, 13:00
With 7.4 assigning should work by choosing the input and play and then press and hold (for a long time) the button you want to assign to.

ok, i upgraded yesterday, but immediately downgraded when the scan kept crapping out. i've looked for a fix for that issue as well, but can't find one.

Howard Passman
2009-10-11, 07:21
My play area...

amcluesent
2009-10-12, 07:58
>My play area... <

I'm guessing everything goes up to '11' :)

Howard Passman
2009-10-12, 08:04
>My play area... <

I'm guessing everything goes up to '11' :)

My ears won't take 11 any longer. Did I read that they're touring again :-)

Howard

Keymaster
2009-10-13, 19:34
"Well since...

Well since my baby...wait...

Well since my baby left me...."

Been too long...gotta watch it again :)

My question to you sir...vintage SG or more recent? (beauty axe, btw...)

Howard Passman
2009-10-14, 01:57
"Well since...

Well since my baby...wait...

Well since my baby left me...."

Been too long...gotta watch it again :)

My question to you sir...vintage SG or more recent? (beauty axe, btw...)

The original, circa 1961. I don't know if it's the nicest playing guitar in the world, but you can certainly reach every last note :-)
Mostly I've always loved the shape, the bevels, the color. Yep, I'm in love.

I made my living for years working on stringed instruments and it is rare not to see one of these that hasn't had the headstock or the neck broken off of it.

Howard

Note: It's a Les Paul even if Les threw a hissy, God rest his wonderful soul.

Keymaster
2009-10-15, 12:16
I've played a few SG's in my time, but never an original. I should get on that :)

I've been playing for a bit more than 20 years. In the last few years, I've taken a real shine to big beefy necks. It's funny that it took so long to figure out what really felt comfy in my hands.

I'm saving for an vintage 335 now...the problem is that Squeeze and its related peripherals (i.e. great amps, speakers, etc.) are a horribly addictive and expensive habit as well....

LOL...I can thankfully think of worse ways to be afflicted....:)

Great room Howard! Love it!

Cheers!

KM

Howard Passman
2009-10-16, 01:45
I've played a few SG's in my time, but never an original. I should get on that :)

I've been playing for a bit more than 20 years. In the last few years, I've taken a real shine to big beefy necks. It's funny that it took so long to figure out what really felt comfy in my hands.

I'm saving for an vintage 335 now...the problem is that Squeeze and its related peripherals (i.e. great amps, speakers, etc.) are a horribly addictive and expensive habit as well....

LOL...I can thankfully think of worse ways to be afflicted....:)

Great room Howard! Love it!

Cheers!

KM

Have a great weekend and I hope you land that 335. I'll spare you the story about how I bought a 1966 for $110 and sold it not to long later for the same $$.

Howard

04dgmsilv
2009-11-26, 06:43
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_YpiT5_iqTBg/Sw3WZJ4WfqI/AAAAAAAAA5E/9V47wlJdhXQ/s800/IMG_1682.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_YpiT5_iqTBg/Sw3XV9blNmI/AAAAAAAAA5k/zf8nkRB5-sg/s800/IMG_1692.JPG

ralphpnj
2009-11-26, 08:31
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_YpiT5_iqTBg/Sw3WZJ4WfqI/AAAAAAAAA5E/9V47wlJdhXQ/s800/IMG_1682.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_YpiT5_iqTBg/Sw3XV9blNmI/AAAAAAAAA5k/zf8nkRB5-sg/s800/IMG_1692.JPG

Great looking (and I would hope sounding as well) set up. perhaps you could enlighten us with an equipment list? Thanks!

Keymaster
2009-11-26, 15:49
Have a great weekend and I hope you land that 335. I'll spare you the story about how I bought a 1966 for $110 and sold it not to long later for the same $$.

Howard

Howard,

I just saw this...what was that terrible shriek that Charlie Brown used to release every time Lucy pulled away the football again....

oh right.....

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Ian

04dgmsilv
2009-11-28, 06:27
Great looking (and I would hope sounding as well) set up. perhaps you could enlighten us with an equipment list? Thanks!

Easy enough, it is a very enjoyable and easy to listen to system:

Digital: Modwright Transporter
Analog: SL-1200 MK2 w/ Jelco SA-750D, Denon 103R, DIY PS, etc.
Phono Pre: Audiosector PhonoStage (Phonocube Clone w/ better PS/Parts)
Preamp: Modwright SWL 9.0
Power Amp: DIY First Watt F3
Speakers: Zu Druid MK IV/08
Speaker Cables: Zu Libtech
Interconnects: Zu Varial (Pre->Amp) and DIY Silver (Source->Pre)
Rack: Salamander Synergy (Additional bracing added)
Power Conditioner: PS Audio UPC-200

ralphpnj
2009-11-30, 09:27
Easy enough, it is a very enjoyable and easy to listen to system:

Digital: Modwright Transporter
Analog: SL-1200 MK2 w/ Jelco SA-750D, Denon 103R, DIY PS, etc.
Phono Pre: Audiosector PhonoStage (Phonocube Clone w/ better PS/Parts)
Preamp: Modwright SWL 9.0
Power Amp: DIY First Watt F3
Speakers: Zu Druid MK IV/08
Speaker Cables: Zu Libtech
Interconnects: Zu Varial (Pre->Amp) and DIY Silver (Source->Pre)
Rack: Salamander Synergy (Additional bracing added)
Power Conditioner: PS Audio UPC-200

Thanks!

With all those DIY units it's no surprise that I was only able to indentify a few pieces. Those Zu Druid speakers are very intriging, how do you like them? The only Zu products I own are a set of phono cables with run from my Linn LP12 to my phono preamp, the Zu cables were the only reasonably priced cables which actually worked with the LP12 since most of the other phono cables were much too thick and inflexible to fit within the LP12's base.

lordlaurin
2009-12-15, 02:43
Very nice setups here! :)

browellm
2010-04-09, 13:43
http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss136/browellm/Russ%20C/stand2002.jpg

and

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss136/browellm/Russ%20C/stand2003.jpg

ralphpnj
2010-04-09, 14:02
browellm:

I'm not familiar with the sound of the Modwright Transporter or any of the other equipment you have pictured but if they sound anywhere near as good as the beautiful hardwood rack that they are perched atop then they must sound fantastic!

A truly first class set up - simple and yet extremely elegant.

browellm
2010-04-10, 13:54
Thanks Ralph, the hifi table is my most recent purchase. I commissioned a local woodworker to build me something similar to the very expensive Finite Elemente racks. I'm really happy with the result.

siukeung
2010-04-14, 18:48
REDROSE speakers
Mcintosh MA6600

Nkec
2010-04-22, 22:53
nice pics

JayLaFunk
2010-04-23, 03:29
Looks like a sex slave's hideaway in Belgium...

Like the tissue container...

Jay

bhaagensen
2010-04-23, 03:39
Looks like a sex slave's hideaway in Belgium...

Albeit, one with rather high requirements to the A/V facilities.

Schindler
2010-06-05, 17:23
Here my new setup:

Roger Sanders Speaker and Amps.

Bullitdodger
2010-06-14, 07:40
A quick snap of mine....

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7886/dsc0036c.jpg

bhaagensen
2010-06-14, 09:20
A quick snap of mine....

Nice :) Any chance of shot showing (off) the whole system including speakers? (I'm simply curious)

Bjørn

netchord
2010-06-27, 12:14
update to the system- Transporter is still the same, but added a center channel (Vienna Acoustics Maestro), and replaced the PS Audio DL III with a used Meridian 561. amp for the center is behind the speaker, a Red Rose Music M150 monoblock.

Bullitdodger
2010-09-06, 05:48
Nice :) Any chance of shot showing (off) the whole system including speakers? (I'm simply curious)

Bjørn

Sorry for the late reply, but real life got in the way, for a while.

I haven't got a picture of the entire system, but the speakers are some old and very musical Snell Type-J mk.IV
This is my litte secondary system, but it sound so sweet.....:-)

amcluesent
2010-10-31, 08:35
My system after recent changes -

TP as digital pre-amp
Bi-Amped using Rotel RB-06 power amps
Sonus Faber Concertinos

browellm
2010-11-07, 09:21
My updated system, now with Avantgardes

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss136/browellm/IMG00034-20101020-2223.jpg

netchord
2010-11-08, 14:57

that's gorgeous.

callesoroe
2010-12-19, 03:38
TRANSPORTER, Amps 1 Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma ICE-Power 2x250W driving panels, 1 Acoustic Reality Ear Two ICE-Power 2x500W driving bas in biamping mode. Preamp/roomcorrection/upsampling Tact RCS 2.2X. Speakers Martin Logan Vista.

Transporter and Tact are connected through digital loop. Amps connected to Transporter because the DAC sounds better. Tact is used as Preamp/roomcorrection and upsampling to 24/96

morris_minor
2011-02-19, 05:44
It's taken a while, but there are now pictures of my Squeezeboxes up on the web.

http://www.revalia.co.uk/squeeze/#3

A number of people had been asking me about my SBs so what started out a page of just pictures now has a lot of explanatory text on it . . .

It'll probably be apparent that a lot of my "serious" listening gets done via headphones, though the little AVI speakers and BK sub produce a really clear and full bodied sound that I'm very happy with.

amcluesent
2011-03-16, 14:33
Rejigged my set-up!

Transporter
Audio Analogue Puccini SE
Sonus Faber Concertos

Yep, it's for classical music... ;)

JJZolx
2011-03-16, 14:49
Rejigged my set-up!

Audio Analogue Puccini SE

I've always wanted a Puccini SE. It's a wonderful amp.

chn68b
2011-03-17, 16:03

Wow I'd love to hear those speakers pumping out some reggae

nacmacfeegle
2011-03-22, 03:28
It's taken a while, but there are now pictures of my Squeezeboxes up on the web.

http://www.revalia.co.uk/squeeze/#3

A number of people had been asking me about my SBs so what started out a page of just pictures now has a lot of explanatory text on it . . .

Nice little Blog type page.
"What I don't have from the Squeezebox product line is a Touch. With a, er, "touch" screen and the ability to act as a server taking music from an attached USB drive, as well as controlling other players in the house, it is perhaps the simplest way into the SB way of streaming music. (Note to self - now, where could I use one?)"

You'll find a way, I'm sure you will. ;)

morris_minor
2011-03-30, 11:10
Nice little Blog type page.
"What I don't have from the Squeezebox product line is a Touch. With a, er, "touch" screen and the ability to act as a server taking music from an attached USB drive, as well as controlling other players in the house, it is perhaps the simplest way into the SB way of streaming music. (Note to self - now, where could I use one?)"

You'll find a way, I'm sure you will. ;)

Yes - I'm working on it! Meanwhile have got an iPad2 ordered: photo-album, music score producer, light web browsing, maybe a book download or two, email browser, and - the killer app: iPeng! Can't wait :o

amcluesent
2011-04-21, 08:47
Yet another change!

Very much a temporary installation -

TP
Audio Analogue Maestro Setanta
Sonus Faber Concertos
(and Tizio)

Rembo
2011-06-13, 07:40
My VA BBG, Transporter, Unico Secondo, Project headphone amp and Technics SL-XPS900 portable cd player in case I urgently need to listen some physical media ;-)

netchord
2011-06-13, 08:02
very nice- how does the unico sound w/ the beethovens?

Rembo
2011-06-13, 10:52
very nice- how does the unico sound w/ the beethovens?

I have to admit that it was not an easy set-up because my room is made of raw concrete, the stairway behind the speakers is made of wood (flexing under the bass-reflex pressure) and, facing the speakers, I have 12sqm of windows without curtains... As the Viennas have a very strong low-end I had to work on the cables, the Unico has been pimped with other vacuum tubes, vibration dampeners and RF filters.

I'm very happy with this setup, the Viennas can play any type of music, the Unico doesn't suffer and my Transporter contains a custom made analog output stage :-)

amcluesent
2011-08-06, 23:26
I don't expect to upgrade ever again(1)...

Transporter
Audio Analogue Maestro Settanta REV2.0
Sonus Faber Guarneri Homage
Sony radio and CD player, not worth mentioning

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff214/nobodytoknow/etc/IMG_0430-1-1.jpg

(1) Unless the TP craps out, in which case it'll be a Linn DS

Rembo
2011-08-07, 06:16
(1) Unless the TP craps out, in which case it'll be a Linn DS

me too...

netchord
2011-08-07, 11:38
system update, I've replaced the 561 with a G61, and the MF A5 with a Primare 30.3. it's still a three channel system, although i listen to music in 2-channel direct mode, via coax. this means the TP is basically just a, uhmmm, transport. i listened to it a lot of ways, direct analog into the MF, balanced into a Krell integrated, and came to feel this was marginally better. moreover, it makes switching much more straightforward, something the rest of the family appreciates.

netchord
2011-08-07, 11:39
one more, showing drobo, which lurks behind the display.

jezbo
2011-08-07, 12:58
Major jealousy overload here, browsing this thread. When the kids have all left home and are self-sufficient and I can finally indulge myself for a change, I'm going to invest in some serious kit like this. I only have 15-20 years to wait (youngest is 2).

netchord
2011-08-08, 08:07
Major jealousy overload here, browsing this thread. When the kids have all left home and are self-sufficient and I can finally indulge myself for a change, I'm going to invest in some serious kit like this. I only have 15-20 years to wait (youngest is 2).

shop used on audiogon. most of my equipment was bought 2nd hand, or as close outs, at significant discounts, in the case of the G61, about 20% of retail.

amcluesent
2011-10-02, 00:56
Stello CDT200 transport added to my set-up, using Transporter as the DAC. Why use another DAC when you have the TP???

czhang
2011-10-02, 22:58
My setup is attached.

Transporter->EMM Labs DCC2 SE->Pass Labs X250->Amphion Argon 3(waiting delivery)

bhaagensen
2011-10-05, 11:42
My setup is attached.

Transporter->EMM Labs DCC2 SE->Pass Labs X250->Amphion Argon 3(waiting delivery)

Nice, but whats going on with the displays on your TP?

HKviking
2011-10-06, 04:18
Nice, but whats going on with the displays on your TP?

Too fast shutter speed on the camera.

Recoveryone
2012-02-07, 19:24
All I have for now

Recoveryone
2012-02-15, 18:09
Here is my 2ch setup:

Transport Squeezebox 3 (Classic)
Amp Integra ADM 2.1
EQ Teac MK II 10
Speakers Fluance SX Fronts

Amp and EQ are behind the piano

SuperQ
2012-02-16, 17:40
Electronics Satck: Transporter, Oppo player, and Musical Fidelity M6i integrated.

Speakers: Revel F32 with my custom ant-cat-tipping-over isolation stands. Also the cat that likes to knock things over.

jimbabwe
2012-05-14, 08:04
I started out streaming with Airport Express and a good DAC, then went to a Duet, and this is my second Transporter. Love the Modwright mods and the Like the FAT tubes :).

Recoveryone
2013-01-15, 22:16
Updated pics

Mnyb
2013-01-17, 12:27
Electronics Satck: Transporter, Oppo player, and Musical Fidelity M6i integrated.

Speakers: Revel F32 with my custom ant-cat-tipping-over isolation stands. Also the cat that likes to knock things over.

He :) i did not see the cat until now ! where do you get color matched cats (to suite the locale ) urban camouflage .

netchord
2014-07-14, 06:35
new venue, new pics, with a significant addition, and the subtraction of the video portion. for some reason I can't change my signature, so here's the system as it now stands:

Transporter, Musical Fidelity A5, Avid Diva II SP, Rega RB303, Dyna 20X2H, Vienna Acoustics Beethoven.

stand is custom made by Scott Jordan Furniture in NYC (scottjordan.com)

the phone and Airport Extreme will be moved soon, and I'll take the Avid power supply out of the cabinet. and yes, I need curtains!

jeremy
2014-07-16, 02:06
Not great pics I'm afraid, system details in signature

netchord
2014-07-19, 09:29
Not great pics I'm afraid, system details in signature

[ATTACH]16163

what is in the "fireplace" between the speakers? looks like more equipment?

jeremy
2014-07-20, 00:03
It's a gas fire!

netchord
2014-07-20, 11:52
It's a gas fire!

nice- i have one two, and love it.

Gazjam
2015-03-31, 03:23
New Transporter owner here, had SB3s and a couple of Touches in the past.
Always drooled over a Transporter and eventually one came up at a good price.

...and it came in black. :D
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq61/gazjamster/226d0ae0e4d3bfbf1b1c76933f077b19.jpg
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq61/gazjamster/e533e1930301bfaf0d491766b86baf9e.jpg

Bob in St. Louis
2015-03-31, 17:18
That's pretty sweet!
I like the shape of the rack too.

netchord
2015-03-31, 21:40
New Transporter owner here, had SB3s and a couple of Touches in the past.
Always drooled over a Transporter and eventually one came up at a good price.

love the solution to mounting the center.

netchord
2015-05-12, 12:57
made a small config change today.

Bob in St. Louis
2015-05-12, 16:42
Nice, but how do you fit those records into the Transporter?

marflao
2015-05-13, 20:42
made a small config change today.

???? Is LMS supported by Roon?
How did you do this? May you can explain this please (maybe in another thread in case this thread gets "hijacked").

netchord
2015-05-18, 05:41
???? Is LMS supported by Roon?
How did you do this? May you can explain this please (maybe in another thread in case this thread gets "hijacked").

i have an airplay device (actually an Amazon FireTV running airplay software) plugged into the optical input on the transporter. i just edited the toslink input name to read ROON. it works, and the roon interface is great, but the transporter sounds better via ethernet.

marflao
2015-05-18, 20:42
Nice ;-)
Thanks for the explanation!

homegroup
2015-05-20, 00:38

netchord
2015-06-26, 12:53
this my office/library system, with a 2nd transporter, and a Meridian G61 (not R), and Primare 30.3 (only using 2 channels). there's also a cheap Sony Bluray, an Apple TV and Fire TV. speakers are Focal 1007s', on their stands.

Gazjam
2015-10-06, 11:22
Updated pic with the new power amp...

Bob in St. Louis
2015-10-06, 17:10
That's very cool. I like how the center channel is integrated into the rack. Very slick.

callesoroe
2015-12-05, 05:21
Why is most of the Pictures removed in this thread ?

riffer
2015-12-05, 08:50
Why is most of the Pictures removed in this thread ?

That's interesting. My pic is gone, but the picture is still were I linked to years ago.

netchord
2015-12-13, 07:04
Updated pic with the new power amp...

is that an Icon Audio power amp?

Gazjam
2015-12-21, 16:32

Looks like it could be (black casework, copper chassis) but it's not. :)

It's a bespoke 300B SET power amp I had built for me by UK valve design guru Nick Gorham.
Nick runs a big DIY valve forum and a lot of the resident experts pitched on its power supply design.
It's a bit different as its 300B SET, but with (truly) state of the art solid-state regulation.
The handwound output transformers were most of the amps cost!

The Transporter sounds a wee bit good through it.

Stratmangler
2015-12-26, 14:22

Wash your mouth out with soap!
Icon Audio amps perpetuate the clichés about valve amplification. I have yet to hear one that sounded good.
They don't have the capability to conceive of, let alone build the amplifier pictured.

Bob in St. Louis
2015-12-27, 09:04
Icon Audio amps perpetuate the clichés about valve amplification. I have yet to hear one that sounded good.
They don't have the capability to conceive of, let alone build the amplifier pictured.

Soooo....it's one of those secret amps whose name can't be spoken?

Stratmangler
2015-12-27, 09:33
Soooo....it's one of those secret amps whose name can't be spoken?

It's no secret at all.
It's a one off custom build affair from the man behind Longdog Audio.
It's a 300B SET, but it uses state of the art solid state power regulation. Consequently the amplifier has drive capabilities well beyond those of other 300B SET amplifiers.

It's the best 300B SET amplifier I have ever heard, and I have heard a few.

Bob in St. Louis
2015-12-27, 12:37
It's no secret at all.
It's a 300B SET, but it uses state of the art solid state power regulation. Consequently the amplifier has drive capabilities well beyond those of other 300B SET amplifiers.

Ahh, very nice. Thank you.

Gazjam
2015-12-28, 13:18
It's no secret at all.

Hiya Chris :)
Small world...

Aye, the amps a good 'un, and getting better all the time with some time on it.

Stratmangler
2015-12-28, 14:58
Hi Gaz

Small world indeed.
I'm pleased your amp is still hitting the spot for you. I know Nick is pleased with the way it turned out.

Carlton8000
2017-07-11, 14:11
My Transporter setuphttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170711/3b83d882252743e6652dd374286378e1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170711/574341d7d45fc3ae1fbe205b78406ee4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ralphpnj
2017-07-11, 14:29
My Transporter setuphttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170711/3b83d882252743e6652dd374286378e1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170711/574341d7d45fc3ae1fbe205b78406ee4.jpg

Is the Transporter the only source component? If so then that is my kind of set up!

Carlton8000
2017-07-11, 14:54
Is the Transporter the only source component? If so then that is my kind of set up!

Yes, the Transporter is the only source. The digital AES/EBU output feeds a DBX Driverack Venu 360 LMS for active bi-amplification and room correction.Amplification is a five channel Sunfire Cinema Grand amplifier powering a pair of vintage Carver ALS speakers

netchord
2017-07-13, 08:41

I have an ST40mkIII powering a pair of Focal 1028be. sounds fabulous.

richads
2017-07-20, 09:53

Transporter>Eastern Electric DAC+>Marantz sc7s2>Marantz MA9s2>Klipsch P39f

symphony
2018-01-20, 18:15
Transporter via XLR to Avantone Pro Abbey speakers

https://i.imgur.com/fwrHQa6.jpg

Harry129
2018-11-25, 17:35
I'm new to LMS scene and wanted a Transporter for the last 3 or 4 years. Until I saw the prices people were asking for them used on ebay. Then last year I found this forum and a thread about NIB Transporters on ebay and decided to go for it. Absolutely thrilled with it despite not having a rotary knob. Reripped all of my CD's to flac when I got the Transporter.

https://i.imgur.com/dbRqA6K.jpg
That's a Turtle Beach Audiotron sitting on top of the Transporter which was supposed to replace it. I played mp3's with it for over 15 years but haven't had the heart to remove it yet. I haven't played anything through it since August of 2017. An Oppo BDP 103 underneath and an Ouya and Denon AVR 4311 sit next to them.

https://i.imgur.com/vifNdEs.jpg
I don't have any dedicated big boy speakers for listening to music. Just the Polk Audio surround speakers which sound fine to me. I'm not a real 'audiophile'. Or 'videophile' for that matter. The front speakers were placed 8 years or so ago in anticipation of a future larger TV. At the time I had a 42" plasma. It will probably be a couple more years before I move up from the 55" LCD.

The cabinet has cooling fans and thermostat added to it. It contains a DTV DVR, HTPC, NeoTV, Xbox 360 and an 8 port network switch. I ran out of ports and occasionally have to hot swap cables.

https://i.imgur.com/mNk1g2C.jpg
A Galaxy Tab View running Orange Squeeze to control playback. It's very handy when I'm busy in the kitchen and it's my wife's main way of controlling and listening to music. She likes it and I think it looks kinda cool. I also have Orange Squeeze on a tablet to use from the comfort of my chair. I have the Denon AVP plugin installed on LMS which is running on a Synology DS1511+ NAS in a back room.

Paul Webster
2018-11-26, 08:59
Well done for keeping your Audiotron powered up.
One of mine is a donor system running Squeezelite (a job not yet finished)
http://dabdig.blogspot.com/2018/10/revitalising-audiotron-part-1.html
Given that I managed to persuade TurtleBeach to make it possible to keep a TurtleRadio alive, I can't part with it.

Harry129
2018-11-27, 05:44
HI Paul,

I have a dead Gateway rebranded audiotron which I purchases off of ebay with just such a project in mind. Also have an old RasPi. I did some basic research on the pinouts for the ribbon cable and fpc's and started looking for parts to use to break them out into individual wires.
Technically I think the whole thing would have been way over my head but you are leading the way so I will get back on this following your guide. It would be great to get LMS running on it and maybe an SSD for music storage.

Harry

Davesworld
2018-12-04, 03:34
Well done for keeping your Audiotron powered up.
One of mine is a donor system running Squeezelite (a job not yet finished)
http://dabdig.blogspot.com/2018/10/revitalising-audiotron-part-1.html
Given that I managed to persuade TurtleBeach to make it possible to keep a TurtleRadio alive, I can't part with it.

Wouldn't LCD4Linux be better suited for such a device? I can't think of anything in LCDproc that would come close to the scrolling music names the old AT has unless someone has created a client specific to this use since LCDd is the server that drives it but needs a client to write anything other than the server screen to it. I have some white on black OLED displays that will bolt into place but some way to control the brightness would be nice at the program level as they are awfully bright and they do wear unevenly when only certain characters are shown 24/7. The opposite as burn in but similar in effect. Hopefully we will see micro led character displays in the future as they have all the advantages of OLED such as self illuminated, no backlight needed, insane contrast, wide viewing angle but does not have the wear issue. The wear issue is the only thing at all bad about OLED character displays. White or any color on black just does not have the same look on an LCD since the backlight is trying to bleed through the liquid crystal creating the dark background.

One of the things about the Audiotron (I own three, one since 2001) is that one can set up a Logitech Harmony screen to simply show internet radio station names and one touch of the remote screen and you are there, this of course requires mapping the favorites and setting up the harmony to stop before playing the next station or it will only add it to the queue. I had to put a delay in there to pause for a second before starting the next station and have it dialed in perfectly. If I want to listen to Drone Zone, just touch the Drone Zone on the screen, want to switch to Deep Space One? Just touch the screen where it says Deep Space ONE and it's playing with one touch only, no navigating menus. I maintain my station list on my server running Samba after setting the Audiotron to use a local file rather than internet. I also have an Excel tool to edit the list that uses Macros. It only works using Office, Office Libre almost works and it supports Macros but not as well for this tool. I have to prune the list periodically. DI.fm and other sites from Audio Addict such as Radiotunes, Jazzradio, Rockradio etc change tend to drop and add stations periodically. With my method, the Audiotron stock is the easiest to use as a Radio Tuner only.

Paul Webster
2018-12-04, 04:26
Probably best to move Audiotron discussions over to the Yahoo Group (my fault for replying in Transporter thread).

Jim Pattison
2018-12-12, 14:18
My Transporter with a pair of KEF LS50 Wireless speakers:

ralphpnj
2018-12-12, 14:28
My Transporter with a pair of KEF LS50 Wireless speakers:

Looks very clean and simple. About as minimalist as possible. Just out of curiosity - how are the speakers connected to the Transporter?

Jim Pattison
2018-12-12, 19:39
Looks very clean and simple. About as minimalist as possible. Just out of curiosity - how are the speakers connected to the Transporter?

The LS50 Wireless is an active speaker system. It has WiFi, ethernet, Bluetooth, USB and optical inputs. It also has an analog input, which is how my Transporter is connected: with a pair of interconnects that go from the analog output into the left and right RCA connectors on the rear of the right speaker.

ralphpnj
2018-12-12, 19:48
The LS50 Wireless is an active speaker system. It has WiFi, ethernet, Bluetooth, USB and optical inputs. It also has an analog input, which is how my Transporter is connected: with a pair of interconnects that go from the analog output into the left and right RCA connectors on the rear of the right speaker.

Thanks! Have you listened using a digital output from the Transporter into the DAC of the LS50? Again just curious.

Jim Pattison
2018-12-12, 19:58
Thanks! Have you listened using a digital output from the Transporter into the DAC of the LS50? Again just curious.

No, I haven't. But I used the speakers initially with a Raspberry Pi running piCorePlayer with a HiFiBerry Digi+ connected to the optical input. The sound was very good - comparable to what I'm hearing now with the analog outputs of the Transporter. So why did I make the switch? Because otherwise, the Transporter would be sitting unused in my basement. That didn't seem right, so I rescued it from storage, and moved the piCorePlayer to another spot in the house.

marflao
2018-12-13, 10:17
No, I haven't. But I used the speakers initially with a Raspberry Pi running piCorePlayer with a HiFiBerry Digi+ connected to the optical input. The sound was very good - comparable to what I'm hearing now with the analog outputs of the Transporter. So why did I make the switch? Because otherwise, the Transporter would be sitting unused in my basement. That didn't seem right, so I rescued it from storage, and moved the piCorePlayer to another spot in the house.
Hi Jim,

most likely a rhetorical question (but I'll give it a try):
Have you tried the pi with pCP via USB into the Kef's?

Jim Pattison
2018-12-13, 11:32
Hi Jim,

most likely a rhetorical question (but I'll give it a try):
Have you tried the pi with pCP via USB into the Kef's?

When I assembled my first Pi with pCP, I did connect it to my Oppo headphone amp via USB and it worked. But when I tried the same thing later with a newer Pi and a later version of pCP, it didn't. I assume that I could have gotten it working by playing around with various settings on the Tweaks page, but I didn't bother since I knew I'd never use it anyway. For the same reason, I've never tried it with the LS50s.

[Edit] OK, you piqued my curiosity. I just took one of my pCP's with a Pi 3B and the latest version of pCP and plugged it into the LS50s via the USB connection. Once I remembered to change the audio device output setting from HiFiBerry Digi to USB Audio, it worked like a charm with the default values for USB audio tweaks.