PDA

View Full Version : Album Art - How To Acquire

KevinW
2007-12-29, 18:17
I have ripped CDs with ITunes. At the time I had no consideration of Album Art. Presently blank ? appear in SlimServer where the A Art should be.

Is there a program that I can use to get the Album Art for the CD's I have already ripped?

Thanks.

drewe181
2007-12-29, 18:54
i use mp3tag. which searches amazon.com and disc dogs databases for the artwork. you will have to go through each album individually though. for those covers i haven't found using mp3tag (which is ostly obscure and rare stuff) i had to google search photos.

-D

Mnyb
2007-12-30, 01:40
Tag&Rename can to, but sometimes there are no cover on Amazon (rare). Then you can scan your cover and use Tag&Rename anyway as this program can use any picture as cover, ofcourse in the right format and size.

I think Moose can search for missing cover's via amazon to

rdcole
2007-12-30, 08:47
For windows I use Media Monkey for Linux I use Ampache they both will look up Album art and inset it into the MP3 TAG which.

I have ripped CDs with ITunes. At the time I had no consideration of Album Art. Presently blank ? appear in SlimServer where the A Art should be.

Is there a program that I can use to get the Album Art for the CD's I have already ripped?

Thanks.

CliveL
2007-12-30, 09:45
"Album Art Aggregator" is a good tool for fetching album art from Amazon and other sources, and can tell you exactly which folders/albums don't already have any associated artwork.

KevinW
2007-12-30, 21:14
Tried Medial Monkey. Was not readily apparent how I could get Album Art for CDs already ripped. Any suggestions.

Also, it created really, really long file names causing write errors on Windows Home Server (file name over 200 characters). Seems excessive.

I am looking for simple at this point -- if there is such a thing....

Thanks

CliveL
2007-12-31, 14:10
Did you try my suggestion of Album Art Aggregator yet? (http://team.thenexusnet.com/nexus/AAA) You just point it at your root music folder, tell it the naming standard you use (\artist\album for example) and it will tell you any folders that don't already have a "folder.jpg" or similar file, and then fetch it from Amazon if available...

desertrat58
2007-12-31, 17:21
I use Album Art Downloader on a Win XP machine. Aggregator did not work for me, period. I don't think it's supported anymore..?

Downloader searches, I dunno, 8 or so data bases for artwork based on tag info. It batch processes folder structures, and uses tag info to retrieve artwork. For each CD, it retrieves 20-40 jpegs you can quickly scan and choose from. I spend about 30 seconds per CD to choose, based on the correct cover and image size. You click on the image file you want, and it saves it to cover.jpg (or whatever), in the folder you want.

I was able to gather images for ~900 CDs pretty effortlessly. Highly recommended.

Bizarroterl
2008-01-01, 10:17
I use Album Art Downloader on a Win XP machine. Aggregator did not work for me, period. I don't think it's supported anymore..?

Downloader searches, I dunno, 8 or so data bases for artwork based on tag info. It batch processes folder structures, and uses tag info to retrieve artwork. For each CD, it retrieves 20-40 jpegs you can quickly scan and choose from. I spend about 30 seconds per CD to choose, based on the correct cover and image size. You click on the image file you want, and it saves it to cover.jpg (or whatever), in the folder you want.

I was able to gather images for ~900 CDs pretty effortlessly. Highly recommended.

I used Album Art Downloader also. It worked extremely well, even finding many covers that weren't available on Amazon.