PDA

View Full Version : brand new squeezebox v3 no wlan options?

bkw
2007-12-28, 09:31
Hi

I bought my SB v3 (firmware 81) today. My wireless AP is working since there are other nearly connected laptops to it.

I've done everything exactlly as the manual mention. But does "NOT" appear any wireless options for me when setting up the device.

I've tried to reset to factory defaults which didn't help.

I can see the menu "Set up network" then I press right, and the next question is "obtain IP using dhcp" or "use static ip".

I can connect the slimserver using twisted pair. But it's weird why the wireless options doesn't appear that are in the manual.

Grateful for any help
/Bachman

aubuti
2007-12-28, 09:41
First, note that using the wired connection turns off the wireless card on the SB3. So be sure to unplug the ethernet cable when you're trying to set it up wirelessly.

Second, what do you do after the question about 'static ip' vs. DHCP?

bkw
2007-12-28, 12:18
First, note that using the wired connection turns off the wireless card on the SB3. So be sure to unplug the ethernet cable when you're trying to set it up wirelessly.

Second, what do you do after the question about 'static ip' vs. DHCP?

I've got my SB replaced and now it works out of the box!
The first one must been damaged in the shipping. Luckly the store had two, so I got the second which is working :)

Today has been boring until now, I was hunting a SB available in stock through the hole town. The last shop had one that was borked. But finally! ;)

thanks
/Bachman