PDA

View Full Version : bolder mod sb3 for sale

ratso
2007-12-27, 18:53
***SOLD****still trying to figure out if it's kosher or not to offer things for sale on this forum, it seems opinions are split 50/50. if it's not please remove this mr. moderator - i just would like to offer it to the faithful before putting it up on audiogon! there is a lot of interest in bolder modded sb3's and i have a black sb3 with wayne's primary ANALOG mod. this is the mod that wayne said offers the most bang for the buck. being an analog mod no DAC is needed and it can be input directly into a power amp if desired (although you might need a little more gain depending on your system). the unit is like new. cost for sb3 and mod is $725 - a steal at only $550. add 3% for paypal. we will work out shipping. i might also add that wayne is offering a stellar deal to upgrade any of his modded units to his 'statement level' for only $100!!! WOW! i also have for sale a little used and like new channel islands power unit for the squeezebox; only $175. please PM me if interested, lower 48 only. will go to audiogon at end of
week and will delete this thread. thanx for looking.
p.s. oh yes, why am i selling it? I'M GETTING A TRANSPORTER! YESSSS!!!!!

haunyack
2007-12-27, 19:57
I'M GETTING A TRANSPORTER! YESSSS!!!!!
Congrats on the new TP.
I have a modded SB3 (Red Wine analog) so when my TP arrived...well, end of story.
Transporter rules my listening room.
SB3 rules my bedroom ... sort of ;-)

Cheers and good luck on the sale!

mr_bill
2007-12-27, 20:01
still trying to figure out if it's kosher or not to offer things for sale on this forum, it seems opinions are split 50/50. if it's not please remove this mr. moderator - i just would like to offer it to the faithful before putting it up on audiogon! there is a lot of interest in bolder modded sb3's and i have a black sb3 with wayne's primary ANALOG mod. this is the mod that wayne said offers the most bang for the buck. being an analog mod no DAC is needed and it can be input directly into a power amp if desired (although you might need a little more gain depending on your system). the unit is like new. cost for sb3 and mod is $725 - a steal at only $550. add 3% for paypal. we will work out shipping. i might also add that wayne is offering a stellar deal to upgrade any of his modded units to his 'statement level' for only $100!!! WOW! i also have for sale a little used and like new channel islands power unit for the squeezebox; only $175. please PM me if interested, lower 48 only. will go to audiogon at end of
week and will delete this thread. thanx for looking.
p.s. oh yes, why am i selling it? I'M GETTING A TRANSPORTER! YESSSS!!!!!

Wayne's website states that upgrades to the Statement level mods from lower level mods are $350, not $100. It looks like you could jump from the primary to enthusaist analog mods for $100?

NewBuyer
2007-12-28, 01:47
...p.s. oh yes, why am i selling it? I'M GETTING A TRANSPORTER! YESSSS!!!!!

Yes congrats on the new Transporter - I think you are really going to like it!
Extraordinary quality and sound, I have found it to be much better than the stock (or modded) SB3. :)

ratso
2007-12-28, 08:01
yes wayne's statement mod is $350. however he has been offering to his customers to upgrade previously modded sb's to his statement level for only $100. i would suggest contacting him by email to assure that this is still true, but i'm almost positive it still is (it was as of a couple weeks ago). he is great at answering emails.

ratso
2007-12-30, 06:48
i am very sorry. you are indeed correct and i was confused. the jump to the next mod stage is $100 and to statement is $350. i have modified my ad and apologized to reflect this.