PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver not finding all my music

jpinewoods
2007-12-27, 01:55
I have recently bought a Squeezebox 3 and a QNAP 209PRo to act a server. I have a large music collection all ripped as high bit rate MP3s, organised by iTunes for use with my iPod. The QNAP came with iTunes server and Slimserver v 6.5.4 pre-installed.

I have used iTunes move library facility to copy my music across from a local hard drive onto the QNAP without any problems. It is now located in the Qmultimedia folder in a folder called music. I have also copied my iTunes library and .XML files there. In Slimserver I have activated the use iTunes preference and pointed it towards \ext\Qmultimedia to look for the music and playlist files. After much ado I managed to establish a wireless connection with the SB3 and have streaming music running successfully. That's the good news!!

However, when I start a scan of the music it adds about 400 of the 2,400 or so albums on the QNAP and then adds no more to the Slimserver library. However many times I rescan it simply seems to scan endlessly but still doesn't add any more. I can view the music that is not in the library through the "Music Folder" option via the SB3, but this is clearly not the best way to get to the music as it is not properly indexed and takes a minute or two to access each artist/album, presumably as the server is having to search to find the relevant files. It also has not found any of the playlists. I can force add files by going through the Music Folder route and then they magically appear in the Slimserver library, but this is clearly not a viable option to cope with the entitre collection, and, I suspect although I haven't yet tried it, it will not manage to add any newly added items to the library, either.

Can anyone help a newbie with a solution?

mherger
2007-12-27, 03:07
> However, when I start a scan of the music it adds about 400 of the
> 2,400 or so albums on the QNAP and then adds no more to the Slimserver
> library. However many times I rescan it simply seems to scan endlessly
> but still doesn't add any more.

Could you please turn on d_info, d_scan in Server Settings/Debugging, try another clear & rescan, then upload the final part of your slimserver.log file?

Michael

jpinewoods
2007-12-27, 10:07
Michael,

Thanks for the help.

I fear the logfile doesn't appear to be very helpful. All it says is:

2007-12-27 17:04:35.8950 Setup::rescan - initiating scan of type: [wipecache]

And then it seems to do nothing else. If I go into the Music Folder and force something to play that is not already in the library, the logfile shows it clearly being added.

mherger
2007-12-28, 08:08
> I fear the logfile doesn't appear to be very helpful. All it says is:

What about scanner.log?

Michael