PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeCenter 7.0 Installation Issues on Suse Enterprise 10.3

haraldo
2007-12-26, 14:38
I can't get the installer to resolve the dependencies when installing the latest build of SqueezeCenter 7.0

I'm getting the following message:
Dependency Resolution failed
Unresoved dependencies:
There are no installable providers of squeezecenter
marking this resolution attempt as invalid

Any ideas?

Regards

Harald N

Mark Miksis
2007-12-26, 14:48
I assume you are using the new RPM discussed at http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41217 and http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?SqueezeCenterRPM. I also assume you're trying to install via YAST (which I'm not too familiar with). I'm not sure I understand that error message, but it seems that it can't find the squeezecenter RPM. Note that there is no YAST repo for squeezecenter. You need to download and install it manually.

Exactly how are you trying to install?
What version of SUSE?

Mark Miksis
2007-12-26, 14:51
Also note that you will need to install the mysql package as a dependency. In some cases, YAST does not provide useful error messages about dependencies.

haraldo
2007-12-28, 05:05
I'm running Suse Enterprise Desktop 10 SP1
I'm unable to run Ubuntu or OpenSuse... none of the free distribs that I have tried works because of some serious H/W constraints on my Dell server =:-O

I Guess there's some stuff missing with the software repositories setup?

What I'm trying is.....
Starting Suse Installer by doubleclicking on the .rpm file from the daily build
When clicking Install, I'm getting the following errors
Dependency Resolution failed
Unresoved dependencies:
There are no installable providers of squeezecenter
marking this resolution attempt as invalid

Tried to install by using rpm...
rpm -ivh squeezecenter-%{_version}- 0.1.20071228.noarch.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
/usr/bin/mysqld_safe is needed by squeezecenter-%{_version}-0.1.20071228.noarch

Obviously it's mysql that's the issue, which version of mysql would be right and where could I locate that?

Regards

Harald N

Mark Miksis
2007-12-28, 09:36
You need to install whatever package contains mysqld. When I tested openSUSE, this was in a package called "mysql" and was in one of the standard YAST repositories. I don't know if this is different on the enterprise version.

Also, do not use the SC rpm in the nightly download area. It is broken. Only use the one in repos.slimdevices.com as described in the wiki.

haraldo
2008-01-01, 05:31
Haven't found the package in SuSe yet....

I have tried with all kinds of different version of MySql server community edition (Tried MySql version 5.0, 5.1, 6.0....)

I'm able to install squeezecenter, but getting the following error in squeezecenter server.log:

[08-01-01 13:16:19.0107] DBIx::Migration::migrate (115) Warning: Database error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=InnoDB CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci' at line 8 at /usr/share/squeezecenter/CPAN/DBIx/Migration.pm line 115.

I'm never able to connect to the squeezecenter http server

Shouldn't squeezecenter work with MySql server community edition? (from mysql.com)

Regards

Harald N

haraldo
2008-01-01, 06:21
Tried the Yast Software Managemenet tool, and searched for mysql

When I installed this package, it all runs....

Thanks for you help !

Regards

Harald N

saurus
2008-01-04, 14:44
After several installations I did so far, I find it much easier to install from the tar.gz archive. This also includes the mysql stuff dedicated for the slimserver. Then I just need the own created files

/etc/init.d/slimserver
/etc/sysconfig/slimserver
/sbin/rcslimserver

and it's done. This works like a charm for 6.5.4 and 7.0 beta. Latter one I just installed today in an alternative folder. The test was just done with adapting the path settings in my /etc/sysconfig/slimserver

Feel free to ask for these scripts and config files via PM.

haraldo
2008-01-06, 06:59
Thanks a lot guys, all working beautifully now........

Been a windows-guy all my life, but now converting to linux
I have also installed SuSe on my Dell D810 Work laptop in dual boot with Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition :-D

Both Ubunu and SusE runs better and faster than Vista or Windows Server 2008

Diana
2008-01-06, 10:06
haraldo wrote:
> ...Both Ubunu and SusE runs better and faster than Vista or Windows Server
> 2008

Yes, wonderful, isn't it? And free, in both senses!