PDA

View Full Version : Puzzled with Streaming

RalphO
2007-12-25, 14:27
I regularly play music from my Slimserver set up when I am traveling without problems. I use Softsqueeze to stream the mp3 files. However, today I am having problems. Whenever I start any track it fails to start. Softsqueeze says that it cannot open the file. I first tried to adjust bitstream limiting and took it down to 64 kbps but nothing worked. In the end I turned the bit stream limiting off (no limit) and I got the track to play but becuase it was over the internet it kept cutting out. Thinking this was a freak result I tried to put the bitstream limiting back on but again it would not play. This has me very puzzled. Does anyone have an explanation and suggest how I can play my music without the cut outs I experience with no limiting.

Thanks

JJZolx
2007-12-25, 14:45
Have you lost the ability to transcode to mp3? Did you change something on the server, such as doing a clean install without putting the LAME executable into place?

RalphO
2007-12-25, 14:49
Have you lost the ability to transcode to mp3? Did you change something on the server, such as doing a clean install without putting the LAME executable into place?

I do not believe that I have changed anything. I have not not installed SS recently. What other things could have disbaled transcoding ?

JJZolx
2007-12-25, 14:55
I do not believe that I have changed anything. I have not not installed SS recently. What other things could have disbaled transcoding ?

If you haven't changed anything, I can't imagine anything else should have. Have you tried restarting SlimServer?

RalphO
2007-12-25, 16:07
Jim

Thanks for your post. You got me thinking about what I had changed in recent times. A few weeks ago I cut down the number of file types and yes it seems that I disabled the FLAC to mp3 (lame) conversion. Everything is playing fine now.

Thanks again