PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody streaming?

photobookie
2007-12-25, 08:09
Can one stream music wirelessly to Squeezebox using the Rhapsody client or the Rhapsody website or Pandora website, or does one always have to use slimserver in order to select music? Thanks in advance.

radish
2007-12-25, 09:00
You can use the Slimserver remote, or the Slimserver or Squeezenetwork web interfaces. You can't currently use the Pandora or Rhapsody clients themselves.

photobookie
2007-12-25, 09:15
Ok, so just to be clear, there is no option to stream any kind of sound coming from a notebook to the squeezebox as there is with some music bridge appliances. Is this correct?

In other words, one must always use the slimserver or squeezenetwork (or remote) to get music to play on the squeezebox.

So, if one likes the Pandora website interface, is there no way to sync what one is playing there to the squeezebox?

Thanks in advance.

mortslim
2007-12-25, 11:48
I use Squeezenetwork as an interface for my Rhapsody service to play music on my Squeezebox.

The only wrinkle I have found is that the Squeezenetwork can't be used to add to "My Library". To do this requires a two-step process. First, use the Rhapsody web site or Rhapsody software on the PC to add to "My Library". Then the additions can be used on the Squeezenetwork.

I proudly pay my subscription fee to Rhapsody because I find the service to be great. For example, I just saw the movie "I am Legend" which features references to the music and bio of Bob Marley. I went home and played his music. Then my friend told me about the musical "Hair" that she just saw at the local theater. I played the music. Then I read that Oscar Robertson died. So I played his music. I think you get the picture.

I pay money to my cable TV company for television stations that I never watch. I pay money to my cellphone company for phone service. I pay money to Sirius for music in my car. And I pay money to Rhapsody for great music in my home.

I know that by supporting what I like, I help to sustain that resource so that it will continue to entertain me.