PDA

View Full Version : What cache to delete to solve libary problems?



JSharp
2007-12-23, 14:24
Using SlimServer 6.5.4 on Windows Vista and it's running fine. Only real problems are with the Music Library which refuses to accept some changes to tags, while most other changes are accepted. The choices of Look for New and Clear and Rescan simply do not dislodge some persistent errant entries, although those choices do correct others. I've worked my way through tags in Mp3tag dozens of times on these certain entries and tag data are just not the problem.

I've seen references to clearing the cache files in SlimServer, but I can't quite figure out where the files are. In Windows Vista, there are two paths:

Program FILES/SlimServer/server/CPAN/Cache
and
Program DATA/SlimServer/Cache under which there are four folders: Artwork, Filecache, MySQL and Templates.

I am inclined to think the cache files to delete for rebuilding are those under the Program DATA folder, but which of the four folders or their subfolders do I delete?

John

mherger
2007-12-24, 00:03
> Artwork, Filecache, MySQL and Templates.
>
> I am inclined to think the cache files to delete for rebuilding are
> those under the Program DATA folder, but which of the four folders or
> their subfolders do I delete?

Try the MySQL folder - although I doubt this will fix your issue. If you do a full wipe and rescan, the tables are zapped and filled from scratch.

If you're in doubt about wrong data showing up, give a second tagger a try, make sure mp3tag does show APE tags, too etc. These issues are almost always due to bad tags.

Michael

JSharp
2007-12-24, 09:27
Mike,
I am following your suggestion about re-visiting tag information before the meat cleaver approach and I am making some progress. For example, an album called At Last by Etta James shows up in SlimServer as At Last by At Last. I found under Extended Tags in the tag editor that there is a band entry and that value was At Last. So I changed band to Etta James. Now I have At Last by Etta James, At Last. I've got to figure out how to delete the second At Last, but this method supports your notion that the problem lies not in the cache.

Thanks.