PDA

View Full Version : Another MusicIP + SC7 question

ob_kook
2007-12-21, 14:34
I've gone through several other posts as well as the forums at MIP and the tips and tricks posted by Spicefly, but I cannot seem to resolve the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First the particluars.
I am running SC7 on Vista Ultimate (x64), and the latest version of MIP (1.81b). Intel Pentium D 925 processor, 4GB RAM, and library located on an internal 4x500GB RAID set with about 59K songs in FLAC/MP3.

I installed MIP and ran it through validation.

I can send mixes from the MIP GUI to SC7.

Next I tried to set up MIP running as a headless service as per the instructions here: http://spicefly.com/content/view/35/32/

The problem is when I tried to do the
"musicmagicserver install".
I just got another prompt and nothing happened. Next I tried to change the syntax a bit with
"musicmagicserver /install".
The result is a line saying
"starting server on port 10002",
but it hangs there.

At this point, it I open a browser window to http://localhost:1002 I can successfully reach the headless gui.

However, I cannot see any services running in Windows, and if I close the cmd, I can no longer reach it.

In no case was I able to see MMM icons in SC7.

So, it is pretty obvious that I am not successfully starting the service, but I am stuck how to go about doing it.

Any ideas out there?

ob_kook
2007-12-21, 18:39
I configured a virtual XP machine and tried the same steps on it this time it installed the headless server correctly, so I guess this must be a Vista issue. I will try to follow up directly on the MIP forums and see what I can find.

haunyack
2007-12-22, 04:58
Are you sure you have the MIP cache pointed to "default.m3lib" in the "..\MusicIP Mixer\mmm.ini config file?

ob_kook
2007-12-22, 10:25
Are you sure you have the MIP cache pointed to "default.m3lib" in the "..\MusicIP Mixer\mmm.ini config file?

Positive. Besides, configuring the mmm.ini file step came after trying to get musicmagicserver.exe to install, and that is where it was hanging.

It is all working perfectly on my virtual machine, so maybe I'll uninstall and try again on the Vista box.

fairyliquidizer
2008-01-08, 07:29
Positive. Besides, configuring the mmm.ini file step came after trying to get musicmagicserver.exe to install, and that is where it was hanging.

It is all working perfectly on my virtual machine, so maybe I'll uninstall and try again on the Vista box.

have you tried running musicmagicserver /install and then running services.msc and setting MusicIP to Automatic Startup then starting it?