PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox's screen emits light even when "off"

blah
2007-12-21, 11:14
Hello, i've been using my squeezebox since 3 months now and i find it almost perfect except for two details :
- it does emit light even when the screen is off : i.e. when the squeezebox itself is "off" or when the brightness is adjusted to display nothing. Is there a way to turn the screen completely off, it's a bit too bright for my taste (I like to sleep in the complete dark)
- I still haven't found a way to control directly my NAD amp (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=39397)

Thanks for any answer

SuperQ
2007-12-21, 11:42
Of course you probably already know that the squeezebox is never off. If you have "brightness" set to 0 when "off" the light you probably see is the heating elements that keep the VFD working. Unfortunately, this problem has been debated over and over. The reality is that slimdevices would have to re-design the motherboard to have a power control for the heater. AFAIK they have not showed any interest in doing this. A shame as it could shave a couple of watts off the standby power usage.

As for the NAD issue, I read the other thread and I can't think of a good way to solve the problem. :(

blah
2007-12-22, 04:55
Thank you for your response, I expected something along this lines for the backlight, too bad :(