PDA

View Full Version : minimum bandwidth for wireless?

KlooLess
2007-12-21, 08:51
Hi all, I have a very slow wireless connection, 256 Kpbs. Would it be possible to use the SB3 over such a slow connection?

Thanks,

Tubbs

andyg
2007-12-21, 08:52
I assume you mean your Internet connection is wireless 256k? Should be OK for radio as long as it's reliable.

KlooLess
2007-12-21, 10:45
I assume you mean your Internet connection is wireless 256k? Should be OK for radio as long as it's reliable.

Yes, my internet connection is 256k. So it should be ok for radio assuming a reliable connection. What about for playing audio files off of my networked (wireless) computer? Or is the speed of my connection not relevant here?

Thanks

andyg
2007-12-21, 10:47
Well hopefully you are using a normal wireless network for local audio, so you'll be fine there.

KlooLess
2007-12-21, 11:11
Well hopefully you are using a normal wireless network for local audio, so you'll be fine there.

Ok so to summarize, as far as getting SB3 to wirelessly play music files off my desktop the speed of my internet connection is irrelevant. Connection speed only matters with respect to internet radio, and even here I should be ok assuming my 256k connection is reliable.

Sorry, I'm very beginner, thanks for your help.

radish
2007-12-21, 14:02
Ok so to summarize, as far as getting SB3 to wirelessly play music files off my desktop the speed of my internet connection is irrelevant. Connection speed only matters with respect to internet radio, and even here I should be ok assuming my 256k connection is reliable.

Yes, yes and yes :)

pfarrell
2007-12-22, 20:04
even here I should be ok assuming my 256k connection is reliable.

OK, but for example, right now I'm listening to RadioIO's Accoustic Cafe, and it reports that it is "128kbps CBR, mp3"

which will use up most of your 256kb connection. So if you are doing anything else, or your wife/kid is reading email, it may be troublesome.