PDA

View Full Version : 2 Internet Radio questions

venus light
2007-12-14, 16:18
1. Is there a way to add a radio stream (a .pls file) to my favorites so that I can access it from my SB as opposed to the SlimServer?

2. Is there a way to change the amount of buffer the SB uses for Internet Radio? I have a radio station that I have trouble getting good speeds from (it is my ISP's fault) and I think if I had a little more buffer it wouldn't drop out as often.

Thanks for any insight.

bpa
2007-12-14, 16:32
1. If you mean can youplay a readio stataion without the PC running. Take the URL from the pls file and add it to your Favorites in Squeenetwork.

2. On Slimserver - increase the value of Server Settings/Network/Radio Station buffer

venus light
2007-12-14, 16:40
1. If you mean can youplay a readio stataion without the PC running. Take the URL from the pls file and add it to your Favorites in Squeenetwork.

Thanks for the reply. I changed the buffer on the radio station - hopefully that will help. As for question #1, I mean when I'm connected to the SlimServer, I would like to be able to tune a specific radio station using the remote control and the Squeezebox as opposed to opening up SlimServer and putting in the url to "Tune URL". Any way to do that?

bpa
2007-12-14, 16:45
If you use Tune in then once playing press right on the SB remote and you will be able to add to favorites.

You could also use the MyPicks plugin.

If you have many stations and you also Squeezenetwork, then you can also use MyPicks to make Squeezenetwork favorites available on your SB when Slimserver is running.

venus light
2007-12-14, 16:48
Thanks a bunch!