PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeBox and Rear IR Input

msajecki
2007-12-13, 12:20
I am trying to make my SqueezeBox work with my Harmony 890 Pro and RF Module via a Direct IR connection on the back of the SB. I want to avoid using an IR emitter attached to the front of the SB. It looks bad.

If I use an IR emitter attached to the front of the SB, it works just fine.

If I try to use a 1/8 to 1/8 mono jack to direct connect to the rear IR /
Headphone input on the back of the SB, it does not work.

Do I need to do something special?

Everything I can find on the support section of the site about IR is ways to allow that rear IR port to send signals OUT to other devices from the SB. I don't see anything about using that rear IR port as an INPUT.

Advice?

radish
2007-12-13, 12:41
Everything I can find on the support section of the site about IR is ways to allow that rear IR port to send signals OUT to other devices from the SB. I don't see anything about using that rear IR port as an INPUT.

That's because, as far as I know, it is only an output not an input. I believe that the headphone port can be used bi-directionally but I'm not sure if anyone's ever made real use of that.

SuperQ
2007-12-13, 15:48
The headphone output is output only, not input. Sorry, you'll have to put an IR emitter somewhere nearby.

I guess you could also open the case and put the IR emitter just below the receiver inside the case. There should be enough room for it.