PDA

View Full Version : Interference from wireless speakers

thekirbyfake
2007-12-13, 06:51
I have a home cinema set-up with wireless rear speakers (Panasonic SC-PT350WEBS) and as soon as I turn it on my SB3 stops working (stuttering audio, slow menus).

I can disconnect the wi-fi adapter from the back of the Panasonic unit and, hey presto, the SB3 works again.

Am I able to change the Wi-Fi channel used by the SB3, the router or the Panasonic unit so they don't interfere with each other?

Mark Lanctot
2007-12-13, 09:13
Best change the channel on the router, the SB3 will follow.

However wireless speakers are pretty bad...the sound quality is usually poor and the transmitter may be more of a "shotgun" in terms of tuning, it may interfere across so broad a spectrum that changing channels may not help.

mike_zandvliet
2008-08-06, 18:24
Hello thekirbyfake!

Did you ever get your situation resolved?

I have just purchased a Panasonic SC-PT865W Home Theatre, which has wireless speakers. I'm finding the same problem as you - only a bit worse. Anytime the wireless module is plugged into the back of the Panasonic unit, my SqueezeBox 2 loses wifi connection immediately, and won't reconnect.

The Squeezebox is about 70cm away from the transmitter on the Panasonic - and given the size of the cabinet I am using, and the length of the optical cable that I have connecting the two, I can't really seperate them any further.

At the moment I'm stuck with only using the front two speakers when using my Squeezebox, and then plugging the wireless module back in when I want to watch movies. Not a great solution really.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Mike