PDA

View Full Version : "Can't find SlimServer"

t-force
2007-12-10, 09:19
I got my Squeezebox at the end of last week, and I appear to be having a few teething problems. I'm running SqueezeCenter 7.0 on my PC (running Win XP) as SlimServer 6.5.4 was periodically crashing on it.

My Squeezebox finds my wireless network without any problem, and signal strength is rated at betweem 85-90%. Yet almost continuously, I keep getting the "Cannot Connect to SlimServer, press left to go back, right to retry" message. So far I've been able to play a total of about 5 songs!!

Currently my net connection is down, so I can't connect to SqueezeNetwork anyway, but that shouldn't affect SqueezeCenter, should it?

Please could someone help this Squeezebook newbie?

danco
2007-12-10, 10:03
Most likely a firewall issue, but I don't use a PC myself so can't help further.

4mula1
2007-12-10, 11:07
I got my Squeezebox at the end of last week, and I appear to be having a few teething problems. I'm running SqueezeCenter 7.0 on my PC (running Win XP) as SlimServer 6.5.4 was periodically crashing on it.

My Squeezebox finds my wireless network without any problem, and signal strength is rated at betweem 85-90%. Yet almost continuously, I keep getting the "Cannot Connect to SlimServer, press left to go back, right to retry" message. So far I've been able to play a total of about 5 songs!!

Currently my net connection is down, so I can't connect to SqueezeNetwork anyway, but that shouldn't affect SqueezeCenter, should it?

Please could someone help this Squeezebook newbie?

Is your SB3 the only device on your WLAN? Are there other WLANs in the area that could be causing interference? Try changing the channel on you AP to the lowest or the highest (1 or I think 11 in the US).

t-force
2007-12-11, 01:52
On my WLAN I've got my SB3, my Win XP desktop, my other half's Win XP laptop, and my Nintendo Wii. All seem to work without much problem. There are three or occasionally four other Wireless networks that can be picked up, but they are all much much weaker signals (it's an old building with very thick outside walls).

Still, I'll try adjusting the wireless channel and see if that works.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Anoop M.
2007-12-13, 13:38
As Danco said, check for firewalls and or antivirus on the computer. You will need to open the proper ports.