PDA

View Full Version : Streaming audio from media player on PC

Nojelc
2007-12-09, 12:26
Hi new to SB, but have been reading about them and interested in getting one. But there is one question that I have not been able to get an answer to in everything I have read.

I have a TV card and watch all TV on a PC. Can I get the audio stream through to the SB, and hence my audio system?

Currently I just wire through from my sound card to the AUX input on my audio.

Thanks

ceejay
2007-12-09, 13:12
There are some solutions for getting your general PC audio sent to the SB - but I'd be very surprised if there were any way of getting it to sync with the video.

Ceejay

funkstar
2007-12-09, 13:21
Currently I just wire through from my sound card to the AUX input on my audio.
And that is your best option. Playing of windows audio is not what the SqueezeBox is all about, it is not an external sound card.

There are ways to fake this, but they are not suitable for use with video.

Nojelc
2007-12-10, 02:56
Thanks guys, starting to get a better understanding of what the SB is, and is not; so can make a better informed buying decision.

I was just hoping to get rid of those trailing wires.

Cheers

igk
2008-01-12, 19:30
aw man, i just bought a squeezebox hoping to do just this. i guess i should have investigated a bit more before i bought it.

oh well, i guess i can still use it as a music server for audio in another room...

danco
2008-01-13, 01:33
aw man, i just bought a squeezebox hoping to do just this. i guess i should have investigated a bit more before i bought it.

oh well, i guess i can still use it as a music server for audio in another room...

There is a thirty day return option if you feel it does not suit you.

cjn1962
2008-01-13, 09:06
Here is an excellent FM transmitter that will do the trick:

http://www.ccrane.com/radios/fm-transmitters/fm-transmitter.aspx

Chris