PDA

View Full Version : Can I change info shown under New Music?

hunta
2007-12-09, 05:51
Sorry if this has been asked before but the search seems to be jiggered.

When I browse by New Music I see everything listed by album name, which I don't find very intuitive. Can I change it to artist?

Cheers.

funkstar
2007-12-09, 13:15
Other than the number of items displayed, i've never seen any other configuration for that.

I don't know how it isn't intuative though. Slimserver catalogues albums, New Music show you the lastest ripped albums in descending order.

How would you want it sorted by artist? would it show just the newest X artists and all their albums, or just the newest ones? to me that doesn't seem logical at all.

But each to his own :)

hunta
2007-12-10, 04:02
My problem is I don't remember the names of albums unless I associate them with artist. So seeing a list of album names means nothing to me. I'd rather have the same list of new music but show the artist name by default, then right press to see (new) album name.

Does that make sense now?!

slimpy
2007-12-10, 06:16
My problem is I don't remember the names of albums unless I associate them with artist. So seeing a list of album names means nothing to me. I'd rather have the same list of new music but show the artist name by default, then right press to see (new) album name.
Go to Server settings - Interface and set "Show artist with albums" to enabled.
The artist name will be displayed with the album name.

-s.

hunta
2007-12-10, 12:43
Slimpy, I don't seem to have that option.

SlimServer Version: 6.5.3 - 12376 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252

Was it introduced in 6.5.4?

JJZolx
2007-12-10, 13:04
Slimpy, I don't seem to have that option.

SlimServer Version: 6.5.3 - 12376 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252

Was it introduced in 6.5.4?

No, but in 6.5.x it's at Server Settings > Formatting. It's under Interface in 7.0.

There's another setting there, 'Show Year With Album', that you may also want to enable.

One other thing you might want to set, under Server Setting > Behavior is 'New Music Limit'. I set it very high - to 1000000 - so that I can go back as far as I like to see the music in the order that I've added it since day one.