PDA

View Full Version : "browse music folder" gone..

AMRAA
2007-12-08, 10:56
Hi,
Just installed 6.5.4 , and the Browse group misses the "browse music" option. Any ideas?
Tried rescanning library.. no go.

Thanks.

SlimServer Version: 6.5.4 - 12568 - Windows XP - EN - cp1255
Server IP address: 10.0.0.2
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

funkstar
2007-12-08, 11:41
Very strange. It should be there, it certainaly wasn't removed and appear for everyone else.

Brows music folder isn't dependant on the scanner though so it that wouldn't make a difference.

And I'll say it before anyone else does. It is highly recomended that you use the Album, Artist or Genre listings that is pulled from the database as opposed to just browsing your collection, there is so much more that SS is capable of when you do this.

mherger
2007-12-08, 11:48
> Just installed 6.5.4 , and the Browse group misses the "browse music"
> option. Any ideas?

Player or web interface? Did you define a music folder? Are you using iTunes and/or MusicIP?

Michael

Siduhe
2007-12-08, 11:49
Sorry if this is an obvious question, but have you put in an entry for the Music Library under Server Settings (rather than just pulling info from Itunes or MusicIP)?

Browse Music Folder won't work unless you point Slimserver directly at the Library.

BMF also worked ok for me in 6.5.4 and remains working in SC7(beta version) on XP, so hopefully this should be pretty simple to fix.

AMRAA
2007-12-08, 11:57
> Just installed 6.5.4 , and the Browse group misses the "browse music"
> option. Any ideas?

Player or web interface? Did you define a music folder? Are you using iTunes and/or MusicIP?

Michael

Ouch! I feel silly.. installation erased definition of music folder.
on second thought... why should it do that??

Thanks anyway.
As for my usage of music folder - "one of these days" I'll put info into my FLACs. They're all in nice folders with a name standards "artist - albumName".

since not all my FLACs have these tags on them, searching often misses on what I'm loking for.

aubuti
2007-12-08, 18:37
If your directory structure is good then it's quite easy to fill the flac tags with that information using one of several tagging software packages, such as mp3tag or Tag&Rename.

AMRAA
2007-12-09, 03:23
If your directory structure is good then it's quite easy to fill the flac tags with that information using one of several tagging software packages, such as mp3tag or Tag&Rename.

Thanks.. I'll give it a try. Finding by Album would be nice.
Hopefully, these packages can identify when a tag exist, and not overwrite it..
Probably have to do it manually over a few evenings.