PDA

View Full Version : SB3 not powering up & wedding soon!

b4lly
2007-12-04, 15:01
Please help! my 1 year old SB3 I noticed had no display. Made sure the computer was on and awake, removed ac, reconnected ac and nothing! The thing is, the optic out red light is is still glowing when the ac is connected but nothing on the display. Got a wedding in 10 days and was relying on my SB for tunes. Any help would be a God send, please...

ceejay
2007-12-04, 15:12
Two suggestions spring to mind.

1 - use the "brightness" button on the remote (might brightness be set to 0 in all modes?)

2 - open up the SB and look for loose connections

HTH

b4lly
2007-12-04, 15:18
Thanks ceejay, definately not brightness and not sure about opening SB... will that void warranty?

Anoop M.
2007-12-04, 16:08
Please help! my 1 year old SB3 I noticed had no display. Made sure the computer was on and awake, removed ac, reconnected ac and nothing! The thing is, the optic out red light is is still glowing when the ac is connected but nothing on the display. Got a wedding in 10 days and was relying on my SB for tunes. Any help would be a God send, please...

Since you are located in Australia, getting the unit back in our hands for a repair would not happen in less than 10 days. What I have done is contacted our team out in Australia and asked to see if they can accomodate you for the time being. I am waiting on a response to see if we will be able to get you a new unit for your wedding. Stand by for details.

b4lly
2007-12-04, 16:29
Wow. Anoop thankyou!!! After trying all possible solutions, I truely believe it is a fault. I just called Streetwise Software in Melbourne where I purchased the unit in August 06, they told me they would have to send it off for repair with a time frame of 2 to 3 weeks, which I can understand. I love it so much my only other plan was to buy another one just for the wedding (which I have just spent the last 3 weeks making the perfect playlists for).

Again thankyou, I'm standing by with all receipts and invoices.
B4lly :-)

Mark Miksis
2007-12-04, 16:31
Can you get to the network settings menu if you press and hold the left arrow?

b4lly
2007-12-04, 16:33
No Fletch. Nothing at all.

Anoop M.
2007-12-04, 16:34
You are most welcome. As soon as I hear something back I will be in contact with you.

b4lly
2007-12-04, 16:35
Yet I'm sure it's getting power because the optical connection light is glowing red.

Anoop M.
2007-12-04, 16:45
B4lly,

Can you PM me a phone # where I can reach you at?