PDA

View Full Version : Rude.

hellnick
2007-12-04, 12:39
I've just realised how rude I've been. My first post on the Slim Devices site is a moan about an apparently non-functioning server. I'm very sorry.

My first post should have been praise for the SB3 - it really is a fantastic piece of kit. Five minutes fom opening the box (nice packaging too) and I am happily sitting on my sofa browsing through my collection. Great sound, a superbly simple interface. Went to work today after setting it up last night and I suspect that there are another half a dozen orders on the way as I raved about it so much.

I'm only streaming stuff from my laptop (see aforementioned server moan) so I have't really played with plugins and the like, but I'm looking forward to fine tuning this.

Thanks to the designers and the developers. Happy customer.

CatBus
2007-12-04, 12:56
It's pretty natural to assume when a new device acts broken, that it's the new device that's broken (and not something off in another room). It's just a wrong assumption in this circumstance--don't sweat it. Enjoy your SqueezeBox.

radish
2007-12-04, 13:14
Don't worry about it - welcome :)

hellnick
2007-12-04, 23:36
It's pretty natural to assume when a new device acts broken, that it's the new device that's broken (and not something off in another room). It's just a wrong assumption in this circumstance--don't sweat it. Enjoy your SqueezeBox.

I wasn't suggesting that the SB3 was at fault, I was just comparing the experience of using the SB3 with the Tranquil T7 that I received the day after. SB3 was a complete joy, the Tranquil box was (and is) just frustrating.

Even streaming flac files from a wirelessly connected laptop to the wireless sb3 and the sound is flawless. The SB3 is definitely one of those purchases that just returns the smile to your face.

cheers

Ross L
2007-12-05, 15:15
Welcome Hellnick.