PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Fins Syncronization Option

elziko
2007-12-03, 12:58
I want to sync my SB3 with my 'stream.mp3' player that I have listed in SlimServer.

From looking around the forums I need to find an "this player can be synchronized with other players" option under 'Audio' settings for one of my players in the SlimServer UI or using the remote of the SB3 itself.

I can't find these settings anywhere - I have REALLY looked. I thought maybe my SB3 needs updating but it's version 81 - when I try to upgrade the firmware it stays at that version. Is it the latest?

Ca anyone help?

TIA

kdf
2007-12-03, 13:10
Quoting elziko <elziko.31179z1196712001 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> I want to sync my SB3 with my 'stream.mp3' player that I have listed in
> SlimServer.

Syncronisation is not supported for 'stream.mp3' players as the
buffering is not something SqueezeCenter/SlimServer can control or
predict. If you want to use a software client that CAN sync up, try
softsqueeze. The link is available in the help section and only
requires that you have java support.

-kdf

elziko
2007-12-03, 14:01
Oh I wanted to connect other devices not made by SlimDevices (specifically a Freecom MusicPal and a DLink DSM-320).

The other way is to have all me devices tuned into Stream.mp3. However, when I try and get my SB3 to play the stream.mp3 I get 'error connecting to playlist'.

I have tried switching off my firewall and ensuring no password is set up for SlimServer whilst testing but it still doesn't work. Windows Media Player will play the stream fine on the same machine as the server.

I made sure that I was using the correct IP address and port number.

kdf
2007-12-03, 14:13
Quoting elziko <elziko.311aab1196715901 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> The other way is to have all me devices tuned into Stream.mp3. However,
> when I try and get my SB3 to play the stream.mp3 I get 'error connecting
> to playlist'.

errors aisde, that won't really work either. SlimServer creates a new
player instance with each stream.mp3 so that each has an independent
set of preferences and playlists. The only option would then be to
try to set up one browser window for each and somehow press play at
the same time on all of them.

Sync really only possible with SD players.

-kdf

elziko
2007-12-03, 14:23
I suppose maybe I was getting the error because I was already listening to the stream elsewhere.

I have it working on a SoftSqueeze now - so for my party I think I'll use my SB3 and some laptops to get my music everywhere.

Thanks for the info!