PDA

View Full Version : Uk Remote

stuorguk
2007-12-03, 05:05
My Squeezebox remote has stopped working properly. I dont seem to be able to order one directly from Slimdevices for the UK. Where is the cheapest place to get one from? Can I also get an illuminated one?

cgmarshall
2007-12-03, 12:37
Hi

I got a new backlit one from Ripcaster.

https://www.ripcaster.co.uk/node/203

Mine was a backlit one and cost 25 delivered, i don't know if the ones they have now are, you could ring and ask.

regards

Chris

stuorguk
2007-12-07, 09:31
Thanks, I got the one from ripcaster, and it was indeed a backlit one :)

TurnipMan
2007-12-10, 09:45
I just called Ripcaster to get myself a remote and they don't have any backlit ones left.
I still don't understand why we have to pay 25 for a remote when they are $20 direct ( but they won't ship to UK any more)
Tom

mparry
2007-12-10, 10:35
If your remote has stopped working properly and you are still within your warranty you should contact your regions tech support. They should send you a replacement free of charge.

TurnipMan
2007-12-10, 13:43
My wife dropped the remote (twice) and the shell is broken. I can't expect that to be replaced under warrenty. Thanks for the advice anyway.
Tom

ModelCitizen
2007-12-10, 13:48
My wife dropped the remote (twice) and the shell is broken. I can't expect that to be replaced under warrenty. Thanks for the advice anyway.Tom
Ever thought of getting your wife replaced under warranty?
MC

TurnipMan
2007-12-10, 14:30
Does that mean I have to go back to the mother-in-law for another?

My wife is suggesting that the remotes should have been "drop" tested and be made to survive successive five foot drops onto a wooden floor.

Tom

msherman
2007-12-10, 14:42
TurnipMan wrote:
> Does that mean I have to go back to the mother-in-law for another?
>
> My wife is suggesting that the remotes should have been "drop" tested
> and be made to survive successive five foot drops onto a wooden floor.

My kitchen remote has survived multiple 5' drops to a tile floor, thanks
to my 3 year old. You might want to reconsider your warranty eligibility
here.

- Marc