PDA

View Full Version : Bye-Bye White

mvalera
2007-11-30, 11:42
As some of you may have noticed, we no longer have any white Squeezeboxes for sale. It was discontinued quite a while ago, but we just recently ran out of parts to make them.

Farewell white! We will miss you...

*sniff*

Mike

CatBus
2007-11-30, 14:37
What about remotes?

mvalera
2007-11-30, 15:26
I'm only speaking of the boxed package.

We still have white remotes.

Mike

peejay
2007-12-03, 03:06
So you can have any colour Squeezebox you like as long as it's black? Well, Henry Ford got away with it.....

funkstar
2007-12-03, 03:15
So you can have any colour Squeezebox you like as long as it's black? Well, Henry Ford got away with it.....
Actually no. that is a complete miss quote :)

You could get Fords in a variety of colours. I seem to think that the military green was actually cheaper as the paint was cheaper.

The black ones survived longer because they were more expensive, and then better looked after becfause of this :)

shabbs
2007-12-04, 09:47
Farewell white! We will miss you...
What was the reason for discontinuing the white? Reducing the number of SKU's?

Cheers.

snarlydwarf
2007-12-04, 11:06

Considering how long the White Sale went on, my guess is the new stylish black outsells the all white model by a ton.

(Which isn't surprising since the current trend in components seems to be black.. give it a few years and silver will be back in....)

Club1820
2007-12-04, 12:04
(Which isn't surprising since the current trend in components seems to be black.. )

Really? I thought Silver was still the way to go? All the audio magazine Ads still feature Silver, - from Rotel, Parasound, NAD, etc.

I like my Silver Rotel Equipment AND my white & Silver SB3! :)

mparry
2007-12-04, 13:18

Cheers.

The Black Sb3s sound much better

shabbs
2007-12-04, 13:25
The Black Sb3s sound much better
HA! Is this the audiophile forum?

;)

morris_minor
2007-12-04, 16:06
Isn't black the new silver anyway?

My four year old daughter would like a pink one, please, Mr Logitech, for her bedroom . . .

OffBeatMammal
2007-12-10, 23:07
I love my white ones - both of them ;)

I was going to order black but we were just furnishing the new house and the wife had decreed light colours... so the TV was white, and everything else possible was white or silver (luckily I had an Xbox360 not a PS3!)

The second one is downstairs in the rumpus room and my daughter has decorated it with stickers and pen... I suspect if it was black she would have been initimidated but white was a friendly colour ;)

peejay
2007-12-11, 03:31
The second one is downstairs in the rumpus room and my daughter has decorated it with stickers and pen... I suspect if it was black she would have been initimidated but white was a friendly colour ;)
Interesting that when I was growing up it was record players, cassette decks and later CD players. For Generation Y it's MP3 players and Squeezeboxes, in a choice of colours. We're lucky to remember the transitions, and have some idea where all this came from, I believe...context is everything.