PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver only sorts Albums?

Urmaboyblue
2007-11-29, 14:41
Hey there. I just upgraded the latest version of the Slimserver software and now my slimserver does not show music by artists or anything else besides Albums. Does anyone have any ideas on this happenning? I tried to search the forums, but didn't find anything like this specific to a MAC. I am running MAC OSX Tiger. Till this upgrade everythign worked great. Now the lack of artists, is frustrating.

Thanks for any insights you may have.

Blue

ceejay
2007-11-29, 14:42
Which version of SS, exactly?

Ceejay

Urmaboyblue
2007-11-29, 15:01
I have version 6.5.2. Do I need to download the newest version of Itunes????

Blue

aubuti
2007-11-29, 15:18
That depends - are you using iTunes with slimserver? If not, then there's no need to upgrade iTunes. If you are, then I can't help you on that one.

Try doing a complete clear and rescan. It could be that the database is somehow out of whack after the upgrade. If that doesn't work, try deleting the slimserver database cache file and having slimserver rebuild it.

Also, as long as you are upgrading, you might as well upgrade to the latest version of slimserver, which is 6.5.4, not 6.5.2.

Urmaboyblue
2007-11-29, 15:29
Thanks for the tips. I'll try doing that and report back.

Urmaboyblue
2007-11-30, 14:07
Thanks everyone for your tips. I feel so embarressed that I did not try the solution on my own first. I ended up clearing my slimserver music file and rescanned the folder. The artists sorted out this time with no problems. Thanks again.