PDA

View Full Version : Cannot configure after downgrading Slimserver

DubiousPr0p
2007-11-28, 21:10
I have created a problem with my Squeezebox. After the recent update (SlimServer_v6.5.4), I could no longer list my music out in any sensible way as the ability to read my MP3 tagging changed within Slimserver (I use/rip with Winamp and it uses "<Artist> - <Album>\## - <Trackartist> - <Title>" which Slimserver no longer supports).
So! I uninstalled SlimServer_v6.5.4 and reinstalled an older version that does work with my MP3 library, SlimServer_v6.3.1. The Squeezebox cued me to update its firmware (which I did) and then proceeded to go through the network setup routine. Here is the problem. If I choose to setup the network manually, it never prompts me for the IP of the Squeezebox. If I use DHCP, It selects the wrong IP (which is a bit of a puzzle as I don't use DHCP on my local network).
Regardless. Whenever I 'complete' the setup, the Squeezebox 'resets'(?) and goes right back to the network setup screen. If I review what I have already entered its all there (default gateway, My PC (which hosts Slimserver) etc.
And I don't know if this matters, but if I launch softsqueeze, it comes up but the display sort of flickers, somewhat like a bad bulb. So what did I do wrong? And how can I get the old version working again?
Thanks