Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • musicman159
    • Oct 2006

Please help!! I am trying to change channels

I just monitored my home and I found up the 16 different networks hitting the house. All of the are either channel 6 or 11.
    I am running an iMac 24" with a Liknsys WRT54GS in Mix band, no encryption and channel 6.
    I just change the router to channel 1. The Squeezebox 1 finds the network and connect to it. It also obtains the IP address but then t does not find the slimserver (which I know it is running) as soon as I go back to the router and change it to channel 6 the squeezebox finds the server and all goes back to normal.

What am I missing? What do I need to do to use channel 1?

Thanks for your help.
  • Ashy72
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by musicman159
    I just monitored my home and I found up the 16 different networks hitting the house. All of the are either channel 6 or 11.
    I am running an iMac 24" with a Liknsys WRT54GS in Mix band, no encryption and channel 6.
    I just change the router to channel 1. The Squeezebox 1 finds the network and connect to it. It also obtains the IP address but then t does not find the slimserver (which I know it is running) as soon as I go back to the router and change it to channel 6 the squeezebox finds the server and all goes back to normal.

What am I missing? What do I need to do to use channel 1?

Thanks for your help.
    Try channel 2 it may be that the squeezebox cant connect to channel 1 for some reason.
    It may also be worth going into the network setup on the offending squeezebox and setting it up again after you change the channel.

Hope this helps, MARK.

Comment

• musicman159
      • Oct 2006

Thanks for the reply Mark.
      After some testing I found out that I must have some kind of interference in my home becuase my laptop can not connect either in channels 1,2 or 3. Channels 4 through 11 are fine. I am going to try the squeezebox on channel 9.

Comment

• Ashy72
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by musicman159
        Thanks for the reply Mark.
        After some testing I found out that I must have some kind of interference in my home becuase my laptop can not connect either in channels 1,2 or 3. Channels 4 through 11 are fine. I am going to try the squeezebox on channel 9.
        You could download Netstumbler (if you are using windows) this will tell you the signal strength on each channel. It will also show if there are any "neighbours" with wifi nearby so you can avoid putting your system on the same channel as theirs.
        Cordless phones and microwaves are sources for wifi interference.
        Hope you get sorted soon.

Comment

Working...