PDA

View Full Version : Web interface not showing those 'by' and 'from'

booguss
2007-11-22, 14:15
Hi!

Is there a way to get the SC Web interface to show only Track No and Titles when I have choosed an album, i.e

1. Tightrope

instead of

1. ELO - Tightrope.mp3

That is (I suppose) show the Actual Title from the tag instead of the entire filename

I'm running SC7

Cheers!

/Boo

slimpy
2007-11-22, 15:14
Settings - Player - Basic Settings

Are you aware that SC 7 is still beta?
I would recommend you downlaod and run the latest stable version from here: http://www.slimdevices.com/su_downloads.html
In 6.5.4 the same setting is in Player Settings.

-s.

slimpy
2007-11-22, 15:22
Sorry, wrong info. I thought you were talking about the player display.
To change the title format for the web interface go to
Settings - Interface - Title Format

-s.

booguss
2007-11-22, 15:33
He he, yes I was a little confused by your 1st answer :-)

Thing is I have already ticked just TITLE but it stills shows the entire filenames when I browse down to album level...

Must I restart the server, you think?

And sorry for the strange title of my post, I couln't change it via Edit (?) It should say 'Have the web interface showing only titles, not entire filenames'

Cheers!

/boo

PS. And yes, I know it's beta, I download the latest nightly every other day (I like the Fishbone skin) and I think it works pretty stable even if I am no bug hunter...

JJZolx
2007-11-22, 15:36
Hi!

Is there a way to get the SC Web interface to show only Track No and Titles when I have choosed an album, i.e

1. Tightrope

instead of

1. ELO - Tightrope.mp3

That is (I suppose) show the Actual Title from the tag instead of the entire filename

I'm running SC7

It sounds as though you're talking about browsing the "Music Folder", because of the .mp3 file extension. No, you can't change the displayed output here - it will always show the actual file name.

On the other hand, if you browse, say, Artists, and get down to an album and list its tracks, you'll see something like:

1. Tightrope by ELO from A New World Record

This output format can be controlled a little bit from (SqueezeCenter 7.0):

Settings > Interface > Title Format

Choose the way you want tracks to be shown in the web interface (use the radio button to choose the one you want). BUT, it looks like it will always insist on displaying both the artist and the album name, even if you exclude them from the Title Format. It would be nice to get rid of all of the redundant information for tracks on these album pages. Vote for this bug:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6076

booguss
2007-11-22, 15:46
Right on target JJ!

That was exactly what I was doing (browsing the Music folder), so thanks, now I know...

And exactly, SC7 will show those 'by' and 'from' no matter which radio button I choose :-/

Be sure I'll vote, mate!

Cheers!

/boo