PDA

View Full Version : Search Internet Radio Stations

Dennis112
2007-11-22, 13:07
I would like to locate a specific internet radio stations, among the 100s (or is it thousands) listed on Shoutcast. Is there any way to do this without browsing through all of them?

I know I can browse by genre, but its always clear what genre a radio station considers itself.

Thanks.

loofer
2007-11-23, 07:20
I Think I Am Right In Saying That Under The Heading 'internet Radio' You Find A Sub Heading Of Tune In Url, You Should Be Able To Add This Link To Headings. I Did Something Similar With Radio.com, You Do Have To Register First Which I Did And Once I Did Found It Easier To Add To My Favourites Directly From Their Websitelink. And It Then Automatically Appeared Under; Internet Radio, Radio Guide , My Radio

bpa
2007-11-23, 07:28
Why don't you use the Search box on the Web interface ?

For searches with many results, you may have to increase the Timeout value under Server Setting/Network/Radio Timeout otherwise you will get a timeout error.

JJZolx
2007-11-23, 07:50
Why don't you use the Search box on the Web interface ?

For searches with many results, you may have to increase the Timeout value under Server Setting/Network/Radio Timeout otherwise you will get a timeout error.

You can search radio stations from SlimServer???

bpa
2007-11-23, 08:11
In 6.5.x and SC 7.0 - you can search ShoutCast for stations based on the entryusing Web UI.

There is no search on the SB with 6.5 - I'mnot sure about 7.0 as I never looked.