PDA

View Full Version : Logitech SB3 firmware upgrade fails

botg6969
2007-11-21, 11:26
Hello,

I've just bought an SB3 to complement my collection of SLIMP3s, SB1s and SB2s.

When it starts up I get "starting demo in 5...4...3...2" then it connects to SqueezeNetwork, downloads a firmware update and says "Download Complete, remove ethernet connection to continue. This might take a minute".

When I remove the network cable it seems to switch off.

No matter how long I leave it, when I switch it back on it goes through the same process again.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

botg6969

nicketynick
2007-11-21, 11:59
This is a new setup procedure to me, but it sounds like the SB3 isn't connected with the wireless? If you leave the ethernet connected, everything works? You've gone through some sort of wireless setup during the process? Can you confirm wireless setup and signal before unplugging the ethernet? (via the player interface - I can't think of the exact menu chain)
Seems bizarre to me.....

mherger
2007-11-21, 12:09
> This is a new setup procedure to me, but it sounds like the SB3 isn't
> connected with the wireless?

You've been sold a demo unit. Ask your retailer for a replacement.

Michael

msherman
2007-11-21, 12:27
Michael Herger wrote:
>> This is a new setup procedure to me, but it sounds like the SB3 isn't
>> connected with the wireless?
>
> You've been sold a demo unit. Ask your retailer for a replacement.

The demo units are different hardware? That seems... odd.

- Marc

funkstar
2007-11-21, 12:42
Michael Herger wrote:
>> This is a new setup procedure to me, but it sounds like the SB3 isn't
>> connected with the wireless?
>
> You've been sold a demo unit. Ask your retailer for a replacement.

The demo units are different hardware? That seems... odd.

- Marc

They will be the same hardware, but have different firmware. They also probably identify themselfs differently so that squeezenetwork knows to give them a different firmware update to the regular boxes.

JimC
2007-11-21, 13:05
Hello,

I've just bought an SB3 to complement my collection of SLIMP3s, SB1s and SB2s.

When it starts up I get "starting demo in 5...4...3...2" then it connects to SqueezeNetwork, downloads a firmware update and says "Download Complete, remove ethernet connection to continue. This might take a minute".

When I remove the network cable it seems to switch off.

No matter how long I leave it, when I switch it back on it goes through the same process again.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

botg6969

As Michael pointed out, somehow you were sold a standalone floor demo unit. I have a few questions, if you don't mind...

Where did you buy it?

Was it in a white box, in Slim Device packaging (orange/white) or in Logitech packaging (teal and white)?

On the back of the unit, do you see a white sticker that says "Demo Unit Only. Not For Resale."?

Can you return it and have it exchanged? If not, we can take care of that from here--I'll just need you to send me your contact info in a private message and I'll have someone call you to make the arrangements.

Sorry for the confusion.

-=> Jim

botg6969
2007-11-21, 13:11
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response, I'll send a private message.

botg6969