PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Music

2string
2007-11-19, 12:58
I hope this is the right place to post this. I have a squeeze box3 and was wondering if their is a free radio station playing Christmas songs that I could tune into?

Mark Lanctot
2007-11-19, 13:02
http://www.mikesradioworld.com/xmas.html

2string
2007-11-19, 14:00
I should have posted under beginners.What do I do with all those wonderful stations to play them?

andyg
2007-11-19, 14:04
SomaFM has 2 nice Christmas stations, you can find them under Picks -> By Webcaster -> SomaFM

Mark Lanctot
2007-11-19, 14:39
I should have posted under beginners.What do I do with all those wonderful stations to play them?

Just enter these into Internet Radio - Tune In URL.

What I did last year was put all the links into a playlist. When one station was playing "Jingle Bell Rock" I'd switch to the next one. Also some stations suffer technical problems or lock you out due to too many users, just move to the next one in the playlist.

Mike's Radio World categorizes them by file type, most of the WMA streams should work, most of the MP3 streams will work, the AAC+ streams require AlienBBC, the Flash "StreamTheWorld" ones won't work.

Attached is my playlist from last year. Don't know if these URLs still work.

auronthas
2007-11-21, 00:52
You can tune in Christmas Music 24/7 station from Live365 under > Internet Radio> Live365 > Genres> Seasons/Holidays - Christmas, you can choose Christmas music stations within this area. I think you need to subscribe (free) as member and sign in.

Sb42
2007-11-21, 07:58
There is also

Internet Radio>Slim Picks>By Webcaster>Accuradio>Accuholidays

- no signup required.

- peter wimbourne

auronthas wrote:
> You can tune in Christmas Music 24/7 station from Live365 under >
> Internet Radio> Live365 > Genres> Seasons/Holidays - Christmas, you can
> choose Christmas music stations within this area. I think you need to
> subscribe (free) as member and sign in.
>
>
>

--

Spam-Free mailboxes and Server blockades
McAfee anti-virus and network Security licensing and support.

dwc
2007-12-02, 16:15
What I did last year was put all the links into a playlist...
Attached is my playlist from last year. Don't know if these URLs still work.

Mark - thanks for this!
-Dan

bphilp
2007-12-16, 18:58
I've tried tuning into remote stations playing xmas tunes in past years but found them to be either filled with commercials or unreliable on xmas day...

So the best solution is to create a playlist of xmas tunes on your slimserver and stream them to your slimdevices from there over your local network. Get a collection of a few hundred tunes and shuffle it... magical! :) Happy holidays.

bonze
2007-12-17, 03:31
Pandora have a few shared stations setup for different 'Genres', Classical/Motown/R&B etc.
Not sure if they are available directly from the SB.
But you can add them to your available stations via the webpage :)
In Extras, Genres, Holidays.....

sander
2007-12-17, 13:55
I have some christmas albums in my collection. I did an album search for christmas, then all songs and shuffle the playlist, and the results worked out well, so I saved the playlist and now I can call it up any time.

Another solution depending on how your songs are tagged is search for genre Christmas.

gbreit
2007-12-17, 21:50
SomaFM has 2 nice Christmas stations, you can find them under Picks -> By Webcaster -> SomaFM

I agree with Andy. Especially the "Xmas in Frisko" station. You just need an open mind and a sense of humor...

gb

Gregory Walters
2007-12-17, 22:04
Radioio has a free holiday stream.