PDA

View Full Version : Has the firmware download strategy changed?

cliveb
2007-11-19, 11:03
I asked this question as an aside in another thread, but I think it got lost amongst the other issues, so now I'm asking it standalone...

Until recently, new Jive firmwares were downloaded when SqueezeCenter was restarted. I am informed it also checked for new firmware daily.

However, all the evidence over the last few days suggests to me that SqueezeCenter is NOT downloading updated Jive firmwares. I'm currently running SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 14767 - Windows 2000 - EN - cp1252 (the nightly from 16th Nov), and the latest firmware in its Cache folder is r915.

Instead, it seems that whenever I reboot the Jive handset itself, it checks for new firmware (presumably by phoning home to SD). Is this what is happening? I'm not complaining, but would just like to know what's actually going on.

Triode
2007-11-19, 13:49
The server has recently changed to use the "Software Updates" settings value on the Behaviours screen. You need to set this and restart the server to allow the server to download software for you.

cliveb
2007-11-19, 15:56
The server has recently changed to use the "Software Updates" settings value on the Behaviours screen. You need to set this and restart the server to allow the server to download software for you.
You mean the "Automatically Check for Software Updates" setting on the Music Library tab? That's already switched on, and has been since I installed SC7.0. Or is there another setting? I don't see a "Behaviours" screen anywhere.

And in any case, it still doesn't explain where the Jive handset is getting the new firmware. I assume that it's connecting through to Slim Devices on boot-up, but would like to get confirmation of that.

rtitmuss
2007-11-19, 16:43
And in any case, it still doesn't explain where the Jive handset is getting the new firmware. I assume that it's connecting through to Slim Devices on boot-up, but would like to get confirmation of that.

If you go to the Software Update menu, and you are not connected to SqueezeCenter or if SqueezeCenter has not downloaded the Jive firmware, then the handset will download the firmware directly from the Logitech website.

cliveb
2007-11-20, 01:30
If you go to the Software Update menu, and you are not connected to SqueezeCenter or if SqueezeCenter has not downloaded the Jive firmware, then the handset will download the firmware directly from the Logitech website.
Thanks for the clarification, Richard.