PDA

View Full Version : slimserver stars then stops - error message

richian
2007-11-19, 06:33
I purchase the squeese box this past weekend and downloaded the slimserver software.

I installed slimserver and when I try to start it stops after a few seconds. I tried several times on Sunday and the explorer window would not even open. I did re-install the software a couple of times but no change.

This morning I tried again and an explorer window with the following message appeared:

.NETSystem.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingExce ption: Tcp channel protocol violation: expecting preamble. at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHand ler.ReadVersionAndOperation(UInt16& operation) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerSock etHandler.ReadHeaders() at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerTran sportSink.ServiceRequest(Object state) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.Pro cessRequestNow()

Any suggestions.

pdfarrell
2007-12-02, 15:13
I too have this problem. Let me know if you find an answer.

pfarrell
2007-12-02, 18:47
.NETSystem.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingExce ption: Tcp channel protocol violation: expecting preamble. at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHand ler.ReadVersionAndOperation(UInt16& operation) at

I'm assuming Windows, XP or Vista?

I'd try disconnecting your PC from the Internet, unplug the ethernet, turn off the WiFi, etc. and then turn off your firewall.

Try starting the SlimServer again. See if it gets farther. Or gets new error messages