PDA

View Full Version : r885 Flickr oddness

Mark Lanctot
2007-11-13, 08:52
I'll confine my general comments about this firmware to a separate thread. Suffice it to say there's been a lot of progress and there isn't too much to complain about in general. But the Flickr screensaver is quite buggy.

- it will not resolve my user name - it used to. Now I have to enter my e-mail address. It displays my user name at the bottom left of my photos though, so there is some resolution somewhere down the line

- although I have specified photos from contacts, it seems to mix photos from contacts as well as my own, showing a distinct preference for my own photos even though I set it not to use them

- the screen will momentarily go back to a blank screen with the background and no menus before it loads a contact's photo

- general oddness, like loading a contact's photo and displaying it for a second or two, then immediately jumping to one of my own photos. Also it doesn't seem to randomize my contacts' photos, it always displays the same 3 or 4 out of 100+.

- it still makes an "advancement beep" every time it changes a photo.

Mark Lanctot
2007-11-14, 13:10
- it still makes an "advancement beep" every time it changes a photo.

I see this was tackled in r896, thanks Ben!

Mark Lanctot
2007-11-14, 14:11
I see this was tackled in r896, thanks Ben!

Err, maybe not, my JHB is sitting there in its cradle nice and dark, but chirping away to itself every 30 seconds! ;-)

rtitmuss
2007-11-14, 16:13
Err, maybe not, my JHB is sitting there in its cradle nice and dark, but chirping away to itself every 30 seconds! ;-)

That change won't make the nightly builds until tomorrow, a little patience is needed :)

Mark Lanctot
2007-11-14, 16:55
Whoops, I feel silly...I have r890 on the device, of course r896 changes won't be in there!

Sorry about that!