PDA

View Full Version : No Display on Squeezebox

phinbob
2007-11-12, 16:06
My Squeezebox has lost its display. I have just updated my router but cannot setup the Squeezebox. Slimserver does not recognize the player because it cannot connect to my home network until I input the wireless password. Of course, I cannot do that because there is no display. I cannot even tell if the unit is turned on or not.

Is my Squeezebox dead or can it be salvaged?

Please also email me at phinbob@comcast.net

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mark Miksis
2007-11-12, 16:12
Press and hold left arrow for network setup.

phinbob
2007-11-12, 16:17
Press and hold left arrow for network setup.

Well, yes...I could do that. The problem is I have no display at all so I would not know which screen I was.

aubuti
2007-11-12, 17:08
Of course, I cannot do that because there is no display. I cannot even tell if the unit is turned on or not.
If the SB is getting power then one of the digital outputs will give off a faint red glow. Check the back of the SB to see if you can see that.

If it is getting power, have you tried adjusting the brightness setting using the remote? Sometimes it can be accidentally set down to 0, ie, dark. You wouldn't be the first to be tripped up that way.

phinbob
2007-11-12, 17:14
If the SB is getting power then one of the digital outputs will give off a faint red glow. Check the back of the SB to see if you can see that.

If it is getting power, have you tried adjusting the brightness setting using the remote? Sometimes it can be accidentally set down to 0, ie, dark. You wouldn't be the first to be tripped up that way.

Yes, it's getting power. I've tried pushing the brightness button but still nothing.

peejay
2007-11-12, 17:35
Do you see a splash screen 'Logitech blah blah' when you pull the power cord and re-insert? That will determine if the display is possibly dead or not, or hold down the add button on the remote while plugging in the power for a factory reset - make sure the remote batteries are OK...

phinbob
2007-11-12, 17:52
Do you see a splash screen 'Logitech blah blah' when you pull the power cord and re-insert? That will determine if the display is possibly dead or not, or hold down the add button on the remote while plugging in the power for a factory reset - make sure the remote batteries are OK...

Unfortunately, no splash screen and factory reset does not work. Do you think the display is dead? Has this happened to anyone before?

peejay
2007-11-12, 17:58
Unfortunately, no splash screen and factory reset does not work. Do you think the display is dead? Has this happened to anyone before?
Haven't seen many instances of a failed screen - usually turns out to be brightness setting or something - which is why this was suggested earlier as a solution. Perhaps contact the SlimDevices support number now - they may have a few more tricks up their sleeve.....