PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to erase a playlist with the remote?

Nostromo
2007-11-12, 10:07
One of my playlists erased itself unexplainably. The name of the playlist is still displayed, but there are no longer songs in it. I wonder if I erased it by mistake while using the remote? Or maybe its a bug?

Siduhe
2007-11-12, 10:58
What happens if you look at the playlist in a text editor?

Are the file paths for the songs still shown or is it empty? I'm not aware that it's possible to delete a playlist via the remote. It is possible to save over the top of one though - but that would require you to enter a file name and right click to save.

If the file paths for the songs are shown in the text file, but not in Slimserver, take a look at one of your other playlists in the same text editor. Does the file path or info look different in any way?

Nostromo
2007-11-12, 14:57
All the files are there and, yes, the file paths are shown. And I can't see any difference with the playlists who are still working correctly. I'll check again later. Thanks for the help!

Siduhe
2007-11-12, 15:16
All the files are there and, yes, the file paths are shown. And I can't see any difference with the playlists who are still working correctly. I'll check again later. Thanks for the help!

Hmm, curious. What happens if you do a PLaylist only rescan?

And how is the playlist created - not via Itunes or MIP for example, but within Slimserver?

The good news is that you've not deleted the playlist contents I guess.

You could also try a playlist only scan with d_scan debugging enabled which may give you some clues why it's not working. You've not moved its position in your folder structure have you?

Nostromo
2007-11-12, 17:34
Hmm, curious. What happens if you do a PLaylist only rescan?

Eureka! Thanks!