PDA

View Full Version : SlimServer adding 1 song per rescan

Renozhin
2007-11-12, 04:39
Hi,

my problem is that I can't seem to add my library to the SlimServer. Whenever I do a "Look for new and changed music", it adds one song, when I have confirmed that the target folder contains 12 songs. I have tried many different ways, including specifying the path to the iTunes library xml, not using iTunes at all and just specifying a folder called c:\testmusic, tried rebooting. One interesting fact is that when I rebooted, it seemed to add all my music (it showed somewhere around 3200 songs, which is only about 1800 wrong), but when I started the Softsqueeze applet, the server showed no songs at all in the actual "player" side of the SlimServer, and when I tried to do a rescan, it once again found "Your music library contains 0 albums with 1 songs by 0 artists." This song does not show up in the player side of the SlimServer at all.

Any ideas what could cause this? I'm using two different hard drives for my music (not that it should matter since I've tried putting the music on c: as well), and I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 32b.

lucas72
2007-11-12, 04:43
There could a problem about the tagging method you're using. Take a look here:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?Mp3tagGuide

[...]
Naming Files Based On Tags and Making Directories Based On Tags

For optimal use with SlimServer, your music folder should be organized as follows:

artist\album\title.mp3

although track number - title.mp3 can also be used.
[...]

Renozhin
2007-11-12, 04:47
Interestingly enough, when I manually browsed my Softsqueeze, I found the songs in the test folder. However, when I connect to my slimserver at <myip>:9000/stream.mp3, it just says 9. Welcome to SlimServer(Welcome to SlimServer), and there's no sound.

snarlydwarf
2007-11-12, 09:07
Interestingly enough, when I manually browsed my Softsqueeze, I found the songs in the test folder. However, when I connect to my slimserver at <myip>:9000/stream.mp3, it just says 9. Welcome to SlimServer(Welcome to SlimServer), and there's no sound.

If you're using the stream.mp3 method, you will have to go to the web browser to queue songs for it and start playing.