PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Squeezebox and digital outputs.. .they never turn off!

fjhuerta
2007-11-10, 20:45
Hi, this is my first message.. although I've been using the Squeezebox for a year now (and consider it the *best* part of my system!)

Anyway, I have a question I haven't been able to solve by myself. It's very simple, actually.

I have a DAC (MSB Link DAC III) which I'm using with the Squeezebox. I added a DVD-A player, and I'd like to use the built-in relay on the DAC so that I don't have to switch inputs on my preamp. The way it works is simple - when the DAC III doesn't detect a signal, the relays activate the analog inputs, where I connected the DVD-A player.

The problem is - even when I configure the SlimServer so that the digital outputs are turned off when I shut down the Squeezebox, the DAC is still receiving a signal from the SB. It doesn't "lock" into a sampling frequency - it just detects the optical / coax outputs are being used, so the relays never let me listen to my DVD-A player.

Is there a way to completely turn off the digital outputs via software / etc?

Thanks a lot!

fjhuerta
2007-11-16, 10:19
Bump... isn't there a way to turn off the outputs, then?

seanadams
2007-11-16, 11:17
Bump... isn't there a way to turn off the outputs, then?

Not at the moment

mudlark
2007-11-16, 11:41
I use a remote control plug to control the power supply to my SB3. I know it's not a direct control, but it does work!

Mike.

fjhuerta
2007-11-17, 18:53
Not at the moment

Thanks for the answer! I'd surely love it if future firmware revisions could have this function. I'm sure I'm not the only one trying to simplify my system.