PDA

View Full Version : Where can I report a SlimServer bug?

sand
2007-11-09, 20:55
I have found something that I think probably is a bug in SlimServer.. where should I post it?
Perhaps someone else already has (there are several posts about it). Is there a buglist somewhere that I havent found?

pfarrell
2007-11-09, 21:05
sand wrote:
> Perhaps someone else already has (there are several posts about it). Is
> there a buglist somewhere that I havent found?

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/

sand
2007-11-09, 21:21
Doh, I should have figured that one out myself! Thank You!

mherger
2007-11-10, 00:51
> I have found something that I think probably is a bug in SlimServer..
> where should I post it?

Ask here first. We'll happily redirect you to bugs.slimdevices.com if it turns out your issue is indeed a bug.

Michael

sand
2007-11-10, 01:45
OK, well I think that the SlimServer web interface should alert me if it finds something wrong with a file during scan.
Now, I just see a message that it is scanning, when in fact the process has stopped/is stuck. This is not very user-friendly.

It should return with an error if it does not accept the file or can not access it.

I had to use the command line interface to find out which file it was. This is quite a difficult process, with a high learning-curve, for someone who like me is not too familiar with Linux.

I hope a message or even better to show the scanning process (listing the processed files) in the web-logpage would be possible to implement..

/sand

mherger
2007-11-10, 02:04
> OK, well I think that the SlimServer web interface should alert me if it
> finds something wrong with a file during scan.
> Now, I just see a message that it is scanning, when in fact the process
> has stopped/is stuck. This is not very user-friendly.

While that's not a bug, you should still add it to bugzilla as an
enhancement request. This seems very reasonable to me.

Michael

sand
2007-11-10, 02:07
Yes, I think features like these would greatly enhance the userfriendliness and attract more users!

PS Sorry but I have to respectfully disagree about it not being a bug - When a scan that is started from the webinterface hangs I would say that it is a bug.

SuperQ
2007-11-10, 13:26
OK, well I think that the SlimServer web interface should alert me if it finds something wrong with a file during scan.
Now, I just see a message that it is scanning, when in fact the process has stopped/is stuck. This is not very user-friendly.

It should return with an error if it does not accept the file or can not access it.
/sand

Yes, the scanning process is sometimes not very visible. There have been some reasonably good improvements in the 7.0 branch that give users a more visible status of the file scan. 7.0 has gotten a lot more stable recently.. You should give it a try.

sand
2007-11-11, 04:25
Sure, I will try it - when there is a stable release for the QNAP.