PDA

View Full Version : iMac as router to Squeezebox not working

tentimestwenty
2007-11-09, 12:13
I have my iMac connected via ethernet to my DSL line and then it serves out a net connection via AirPort (802.11). I can get the Squeezebox to connect to the computer wirelessly and stream off the hard drive but it can't get out to get internet radio. How do I do this?

radish
2007-11-09, 13:43
Do you have anything other than the squeezebox able to use the internet connection (such as a laptop?). If so, it's probably a config issue - make sure the squeezebox settings for Gateway and Subnet are the same as on the laptop. If not, then you may not have "shared" the internet connection out to the airport - I'm afraid I can't help with that as I don't have much mac experience.

Steven Moore
2007-11-10, 12:38
Yes go to sharing in the systems preferences then internet and share your connection there.

tentimestwenty
2007-11-11, 19:55
I enabled sharing but it still doesn't work. I've done this for other Macs before and they had no problem getting a net connection but the Squeezebox is obviously looking for something different. It won't connect to SqueezeNetwork either. It just doesn't see the net at all.