PDA

View Full Version : SlimCenter problem

obo78
2007-11-09, 12:09
I've just started having a problem with SlimServer 6.5.4 where it frequently drops its connection to my SB3 when I access it from the machine running as server. The SB3 hangs up completely and has to be unplugged and replugged to restart. The SB3 doesn't lose it's wireless connection - the router still sees it at the normal, reserved IP address but Slimserver no longer sees it.

I thought I'd try SlimCenter as a possible solution. I downloaded and ran the installation. It removed Slimserver and seemed to successfully install it self. However, when I run it nothing happens - no SlimTray, no slim.exe process, nothing. Is there something else other than the Windows executable that needs to be done to run SlimCenter? I've reverted to 6.5.4 again and it's running okay, but I'm staying away from accessing the web interface unless I absolutely have to.

I know I'm talking about two problems here but I'm just interested in the SlimCenter installation issue right now.

I'm running on a Win XP (Media Center Edition) Dell XPS 400 (2.8 GHz) with 2GB ram and my library is on an external Maxtor (USB 2.0) drive

Ramage
2007-11-09, 12:35
If you tried the 8/11 nightly, it was broken and did not start see: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=40018&page=3.

Download the lates 9/11 nightly and try again - it should work.

Good luck