PDA

View Full Version : Stopped screensaver bug?

oreillymj
2007-11-07, 03:00
My "Stopped" screensaver is the the Classic clock which is set to kick in after 1 min.

Since r8xx, this screensaver hasn't worked. Tried rebooting etc.
This morning I refreshed my settings file by making some other changes and got the Analog clock screensaver to work. However classic clock still doesn't seem to want to kick in.

Anyone else seeing this so I can log a bug?

bklaas
2007-11-07, 12:10
I can reproduce the same issue. Go ahead and open it.
#!/ben

bklaas
2007-11-07, 13:15
well, wouldn't you know it. I caused this bug.

I made some updates to classic clock (artwork and layout) recently that work fine in the desktop Jive, but not on the JHB.

If you haven't already, probably no need to log a bug. I'm on it. I'll post to this thread when it's fixed.

cheers,
#!/ben

bklaas
2007-11-07, 13:21
'twas an easy fix. Forgot to add a new artwork image to the makefile.

checked in with r836. You should see it working on the next firmware update.

cheers,
#!/ben

oreillymj
2007-11-08, 04:22
Ben,

I've also noticed another clock related oddity.
While trying to root cause the Classic clock issue, I switched to the Analogue clock.

Let the Analogue clock screensaver kick in and leave the remote for five or so minutes. Then turn the scroll wheel, you'll see the hands move back and forward between the real time and an incorrect time.

Also sometimes you can hit the Back arrow key and you'll notice the clock slide off the screen revealing another image of a clock.

I'm assuming these are related. There's a stale image of the clock in memory somewhere, perhaps a memory leak,not sure.

BTW, this is a bit intermittent, but I was able to reproduce twice in the space of 10-15mins.

James
2007-11-08, 15:48
I've seen this on the block clock too. As if there are two screensavers running, one with the wrong time!

James