PDA

View Full Version : 6.5.4 CLI and songinfo

barrygordon
2007-11-04, 15:43
The songinfo command does not appear to be working as documented.

1) there is a return tag called bpm but it is never returned. I would have expected a value of 0 is in other cases, but it just is not in the response

2) On the web page for songinfo one sees the sample rate of the CD (e.g. 44.1khz). Is that supposed to come back on a songinfo request? I do not see it. Is it perhaps the missing bpm (beats per minute)?

3) The entry for band comes back either as 0 signifying "Unknown" or 1 signifying ??? I thought it would come back with the name of the band, i.e. the tag's value

Fred
2007-11-05, 10:30
1) there is a return tag called bpm but it is never returned.

The logic here is if something is undefined, it's not returned (i.e. you will never get something like "tag1: tag2:value" where tag1 has no value). It's a way to distinguish between undefined (don't know) and value 0.

Your example is telling: having bpm value 0 when undefined would be "wrong" because whatever the bpm of the song is, it's greater than 0. So doing so would work for most things but not for all fields (for example, replay_gain). With the logic above, it works the same for everything: if you do not get the tag in the response, its value is undefined (provided you asked for it of course).

That said, I'd suspect you have no song tagged with BPM information. It's pretty rare.

2) On the web page for songinfo one sees the sample rate of the CD (e.g. 44.1khz). Is that supposed to come back on a songinfo request?

No, it's not supported in 6.5 (it is in 7.0).

3) The entry for band comes back either as 0 signifying "Unknown" or 1 signifying ??? I thought it would come back with the name of the band, i.e. the tag's value

It should return the band name if there's such a tag (or nothing; see above). It's broken and won't be fixed in 6.5 now that 7.0 is just right the corner.

You seem to be exercising a lot of the CLI so we'd all benefit if you could try your software against 7.0 and report any bugs you find! There's even a contest with great prizes!
http://www.slimdevices.com/ss7contest.php

barrygordon
2007-11-05, 11:12
I have just received my Jive platform. I am in the process of converting over as I have one special plugin that I need to have working (IR Blaster) under 7.0. I will testing that today and will probably switch over so 6.5.4 is my backup and 7.0 is my production.