PDA

View Full Version : SB3 restarts songs

superbad
2007-11-04, 12:10
I've just recently started having a problem where my SB3 either 1) stops mid song (display reads "stopped"), or 2) restarts at the beginning of the current song, repeatedly.

I am pretty confident this is not a wireless issue- I've had plenty of those in the past, and they usually manifest themselves as dropouts, not as song stops/restarts. This problem happens even on low bandwidth internet radio streams. My buffer fullness stays at 100% consistently. Feels like a firmware problem, but I don't know why it's suddenly popped up. Any ideas?

superbad
2007-11-07, 18:58
Just replying for the sake of anyone searching in the future. I installed 7.0 beta, and my SB has been running for the last 12 hours without a single hitch. So either something in 7.0 fixed a 6.5.x problem, or maybe I just needed a fresh install.

And the 7.0 web interface is really sweet, nice job to everybody who worked on that.

USAudio
2007-11-07, 22:14
I've been having the same issue. It will stop playing intermittently right in the middle of a song then immediately start over. I was using 6.5.4 and so, like Superbad, I gave 7.0a a try and while it seemed to work OK yesterday, I now have the same issue again with the latest 7.0a build downloaded today ... =(

I need to get this resolved, it's driving both myself AND my wife nuts! ;-)

Anyone else experiencing this problem? As the problem exists on both 6.5.4 AND 7.0a, I wonder if it's a hardware issue? My network connection seems to test fine.

peejay
2007-11-07, 23:03
Best to turn on logging in the slimserver interface to determine what the server 'thinks' is happening. Maybe that will shed some light on it. Some others may know specifically which event categories to select, but I'm guessing d_stream and d_control are two which may shed some light....

andyg
2007-11-07, 23:39
The best debug setting for this would be player.source.

USAudio
2007-11-15, 21:57
The latest builds of 7.0a appear to have corrected the issue... YES!

jmsent
2007-11-29, 06:44
The best debug setting for this would be player.source.

Just to clarify: is that "d_source" in the debugging menu?
I'm having this problem too. Intermittent, doesn't seem attached to any particular playlist or song. Song stops in the middle, immediately restarts and plays all the way through.
I'm running OSX10.4.1 PPC on a Mac G4 with a MyBook external drive. Music library is via Itunes. No other problems

martin1
2007-12-12, 12:57
I've been having the same issue. It will stop playing intermittently right in the middle of a song then immediately start over. I was using 6.5.4 and so, like Superbad, I gave 7.0a a try and while it seemed to work OK yesterday, I now have the same issue again with the latest 7.0a build downloaded today ... =(

I need to get this resolved, it's driving both myself AND my wife nuts! ;-)

Anyone else experiencing this problem? As the problem exists on both 6.5.4 AND 7.0a, I wonder if it's a hardware issue? My network connection seems to test fine.

Me too! The Problem exists on both 6.5.4 and 7.0a. I use the wired connection to the server. Network test for each rate 100%.

Martin

andyg
2007-12-12, 13:07
Please get a log from 7.0 with player.source set to DEBUG.

martin1
2007-12-15, 12:00
"Please get a log from 7.0 with player.source set to DEBUG."

Here the required logfile. I hope thats the right one. Due to the fact that I'm a greenhorn in configuring slimserver it took me nearly 2 hours to get that thing. Now I'm familar with that (hope so).

If you have a look at the logfile, the last restart was during "Billy Oceans - Loverboy". (19:37:07) Restart at (19:41:10).
The Squeezebox is Brand New.

Thanx Martin

martin1
2007-12-16, 03:51
"Please get a log from 7.0 with player.source set to DEBUG."

I've added the latest version of server.log, becaus the same thing happens with track "Money for Nothing from Dire Straits" startet at 21:55 and raplays repeatetly at 22:00 and 22:02.

Sometimes Squeezebox displays "Lost Server Connection" and reconnect to the server while the song is playd without stopping. I replaced the box by another one (only changed the box, wires are the same [Power, Network and dig output]) at the moment, there is no error, whether "lost connection" nor "replaying songs". Maybe the Squeezebox has a Malfunction?
lg Martin

jonhewer
2008-05-15, 04:52
i am experiencing the same problems... any updates on this issue?

cheers,
jon