PDA

View Full Version : Cannot scan music - looks like Perl issue

ppmoore
2007-11-03, 03:25
Hello,

Thanks to users' posts here, I managed to install slimserver on my SuSE v10.1 box, and it now seems to start without errors. However, when I scan for music, I get the following error:

Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/slimserver/CPAN/Cache/FileCache.pm line 20.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/slimserver/CPAN/Cache/FileCache.pm line 20.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Utils/Cache.pm line 49.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Utils/Cache.pm line 49.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Utils/Scanner.pm line 45.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Utils/Scanner.pm line 45.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Music/MusicFolderScan.pm line 23.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Music/MusicFolderScan.pm line 23.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/slimserver/scanner.pl line 42.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/slimserver/scanner.pl line 42.

At line 20 of usr/local/slimserver/CPAN/Cache/FileCache.pm, it seemed to be looking for the perl module FileBackend.pm. I noticed that this module was not installed at the same .../slimserver/CPAN/Cache directory. I copied it across from .../slimserver/lib/Cache to the same directory, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Looking for FileBackend.pm, my system finds the following:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Cache/FileBackend.pm
/usr/local/slimserver/lib/Cache/FileBackend.pm
/usr/local/slimserver/CPAN/Cache/FileBackend.pm

Can anyone help?
Paul

Mark Miksis
2007-11-03, 09:23
I'm not sure what's up, but more info might help:
- What version of slimserver
- Did you install from RPM and then use the SUSE initscript in the wiki? If not, how did you install?
- How did you start slimserver?
- Are you starting the scanner manually, or via the slimserver web interface?

ppmoore
2007-11-03, 12:42
Hello Fletch,

I installed slimserver from the RPM v6.5.4-1, and then modified the /etc/init.d/slimserver.init and /etc/sysconfig/slimserver from the Linux wiki. I started slimserver using "/etc/init.d/slimserver.init start", and the scanning from the web interface.

I think these config files are OK, otherwise slimserver wouldn't start. It seems to be a Perl problem problem?

ppmoore
2007-11-05, 11:40
Just a note here to say that I solved the problem.
I didn't do anything special, I just erased the old RPM and reinstalled, and this time it worked!

Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Paul