PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver requirements

Smiley Dan
2007-10-30, 07:53
First of all: this is such an elementary question I apologise, but the wiki is vague on this and the forums search does not appear to be working, looks like the MIME types or something are screwed, anyway...

What are the baseline Slimserver/SqueezeCenter requirements for the Jive software platform? I compiled last night and ran it but I only got as far as the list of Squeezeboxes, which was empty. I know at least one should be there as I was listening to it at the time!

I kinda assumed it was 7.0+ only but on the wiki it says:

To get the best from Jive you will need to be running a recent SlimServer 7.0 alpha release (> r11879).Which implies to me that basic functionality should at least work for 6.5.

Mark Lanctot
2007-10-30, 07:57
Jive requires 7.0, not 6.5.x.

bklaas
2007-10-30, 08:12
First of all: this is such an elementary question I apologise, but the wiki is vague on this and the forums search does not appear to be working, looks like the MIME types or something are screwed, anyway...

What are the baseline Slimserver/SqueezeCenter requirements for the Jive software platform? I compiled last night and ran it but I only got as far as the list of Squeezeboxes, which was empty. I know at least one should be there as I was listening to it at the time!

I kinda assumed it was 7.0+ only but on the wiki it says:
Which implies to me that basic functionality should at least work for 6.5.

I'm not sure why that implies that 6.5 would work, but it isn't supported in 6.5.

I updated that part of the wiki to be more clear that 7.0 is required, as well as a recommendation to keep both sides up-to-date. I regularly check in things to SqueezeCenter 7.0 to help support Jive.

cheers,
#!/ben

Smiley Dan
2007-10-30, 09:00
I updated that part of the wiki to be more clear that 7.0 is required, as well as a recommendation to keep both sides up-to-date. I regularly check in things to SqueezeCenter 7.0 to help support Jive.
Thanks, much less ambiguous now. It was the "To get the best from" which threw me. I often see that term when describing 'recommended' requirements rather than hard ones.