PDA

View Full Version : Renaming Favorites Entry

ptorpey
2007-10-30, 02:14
Often, after saving a new internet station to the Favorites list using the remote, the name of the new station in the Favorites list is strange or not something that can easily be remembered and associated with the real name of the station.

Is there a way of editing the name of the station in the Favorites list so that the name can be changed to something more desireable?

Thanks.

-- Pete

mherger
2007-10-30, 02:25
> Is there a way of editing the name of the station in the Favorites list
> so that the name can be changed to something more desireable?

In SC7 there is. What version are you using?

Michael

--

ptorpey
2007-10-30, 06:10
I am using version 6.5 on my Windows PC. I know how to modify the name of a station placed in my PlayList on the PC, but the problem I have is that, when using the remote with the Squeeze Network (not through my PC), I would like to change the name of stations placed in Favorites (since the default names are sometimes odd and not representative of the station's real name).

-- Pete

Hannilein
2007-10-30, 12:07
Favorites are stored in the "slimserver.pref" like this:

favorite_titles:
- Chromanova Psytrance
- Chromanova Ambient
- PsyRadio Chillout
favorite_urls:
- http://85.25.86.69:8000
- http://85.25.86.69:8100
- http://streamer.psyradio.org:8020

(first entry in 'favorite_titles' belongs to first entry in 'favorite_urls' and so on)

Restart of slimserver may be needed after modification.

Greez,
Dirk

AlanSchenk
2007-10-30, 13:37
I had the same problem recently and the slimserver preferences page fixed most of the problem. However, note that the stream itself may actually change your carefully prepared station name when it is in play mode, even if you changed the name in preferences. I think this has something to do with how the stream is being sent with a station or stream identifier by the station in question.

bpa
2007-10-30, 13:42
but the problem I have is that, when using the remote with the Squeeze Network

If your problem is renaming Favorites on Squeezenetwork then do the following.

1. Login in web interface of Squeezenetwork
2. Goto Favorites Tab
3. You will see a list of Favorites - click on the little pen icon - the middle one of the 3 small icons at the LHS of each entry. You can now edit the name and URL of the favorite entry.

ptorpey
2007-10-30, 14:39
If your problem is renaming Favorites on Squeezenetwork then do the following.

1. Login in web interface of Squeezenetwork
2. Goto Favorites Tab
3. You will see a list of Favorites - click on the little pen icon - the middle one of the 3 small icons at the LHS of each entry. You can now edit the name and URL of the favorite entry.

Thanks. This is what I was looking for. Your solution involves changing the name from the PC (I presume). Is there a way that this can be done soley using the remote (i.e., if the Squeezebox isn't hooked to a SlimServer running on the PC but only through a router)?

Thanks.

-- Pete

bpa
2007-10-30, 15:31
Your solution involves changing the name from the PC (I presume)

From any browser - it is just accessing a web site - does not have to be from your PC or the PC running Slimsever. You can change the order and add levels.

I don't think it is possible to change from the remote - just add and delete.

BTW You can link you Squeezenetwork favorites into your Slimserver so that you just have one list.

ptorpey
2007-10-30, 16:19
BTW You can link you Squeezenetwork favorites into your Slimserver so that you just have one list.[/QUOTE]

Cool! How do I do that? Thanks.

bpa
2007-10-30, 16:51
Install the MyPicks plugin (see Wiki entry and WikiRadio entry) - this enables you to manage Radio URLs like the list on Squeezenetwork.

MyPicks will appear as a top level menu.

If you go into MyPicks editing, create a new entry and copy the link from the bottom of Squeezenetwork favorites page called "Access your favorite streams as OPML" and paste into an entry in you MyPicks list. Then when you use MyPicks - it will link to your list of Favorites on Squeezenetwork.